Havanese Forum banner

HAVANESE RESCUE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

9K views 57 replies 20 participants last post by  Laurief 
#1 ·
I want to present to you all the urgent needs that we presently have within Havanese Rescue

From January 2009 to present Hav Rescue has brought in :eek: 80 :eek: dogs!!! Each one has needed transportation, foster care, vet care etc!
If we do not have enough foster homes, we have to turn them away and not accept them into HRI.

FIRST : We DESPERATELY need foster families in the mid-west especially in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota!!!!
Dont be afraid to volunteer to take in a foster - it is one of the most rewarding things that you can do. I presently have my fourth HRI foster, and it is the greatest thing. Please Please Please, go to the HavaneseRescue.com website and volunteer to be a foster family!
If anyone has questions regarding this before signing up, feel free to PM me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

SECOND: We are very very low on some supplies for our foster babies. Since most of the moneys that we make goes towards the high cost of vet care, we rely upon donations of supplies to keep our fosters in leashes, harnesses, belly bands etc.
Please consider making a donation to HRI of supplies - they can be mailed to me at Laurie Frangione 33 Oxford Place Hillsborough, NJ 08844

We deperately need medium and small step in harnesses with the double D rings - 1/2" Leads and 1/2" soft 20 foot leads. Many of our Mill dogs need to be kept on long leads in order to get them, since they are so frightened of people.

Please consider helping us out in some way - it is all for the pups!!

Please be a Havanese Angel:angel:

Laurie

See less See more
#56 ·
Yes, Sanya, if you contact Rescue from the link Ryan posted above, you can let them know that you would like to volunteer in helping them out. It could be with computer work, fostering, organizing things, etc.... Here is a contact form you can fill out. :) http://www.havanesefanciers.com/?q=contact

#57 ·
I am new to this forum, and am just getting started in my search for a Havanese for our family. Our rescued mix breed died 2 Oct. ago, and think its time for another dog! I think a Havanese would be the perfect addition and definitely want to get one that needs to be rescued. I'm in Nashville, TN if anyone knows of any fairly close by!
Thanks,
Emily

#58 ·
Emily, Please go to Havaneserescue.com take a look through our pups who are available for adoption and who are still in foster care.

If you find one you are interested in, fill out an application and it will be sent to the foster family for that dog.

Even if you dont find one NOW, if you fill out an application, it will be held, and you can always contact them if you see one that you are interested in at a later date.

We have some wonderful rescue babies available and I hope that you find your forever Havanese there!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.