Long term boarding in Bay Area, California - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
AnnaM

Submit Photo: 32
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Posibilly posting within a radius from where you live with -for a hav family. Maybe you could trade off.
I have/am going through a similar situation.
Seems like if people do not have dogs-they are not interested. If they do have dogs-whether our Hav will fit in is questionable.
Just shows- we gotta stick together
Actually, we have a family nearby with a Havanese, but when I suggested a play date they gave me the brush off otherwise it would have been ideal, esp like you said we could have traded...
AnnaM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #32
harley

Submit Photo: 0
Harley is nine months as well. We live in New Mexico.I am not even sure that there is ANY Havs in NM. I plan to go to Wisc. I would like to make it a long trip to see family but they do not have 4 legged friends-so questionable. I am still working on a plan to take him with me. I can not afford a pet-friendly hotel. Still mulling it over.
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #33
AnnaM

Submit Photo: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by emichel View Post
It sounds like you have some good possibilities already. I would also like to recommend Rover.com, which is a national (U.S.) organization, to find pet sitters in your area. Most will do it in either your home or theirs. I have found several good people in my area who I have checked out and used for pet sitting and daycare. This way Benjamin has been able to get used to them in case I need to make quick arrangements for overnight boarding some time, and he will not need to stay in a strange place. I think Rover does a great job of screening people, and everyone I have met so far has seemed very friendly and responsible. It can be pricey, but I would imagine that people would be willing to make a deal for a long term stay. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the info. U are right, dog boarding is expensive! Especially for a longer term. Still I am grateful atleast we have that option.
AnnaM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #34
Ewokpup

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Our dog sitter goes to UC Berklee. She had been thinking of getting a dog herself but hasn't yet.
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote