Havanese Forum banner

Cuddle Ball Needs a new Bed

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  NvonS 
#1 ·
Ok everyone - looking for leads - Kipling is a cuddler. He LOVES my daughter's pink puffy Pottery Barn comforter. He LOVES duvet covers. And he LOVES to be all cuddled in somewhere.

So the bed he likes right now is a nice round soft donut with sides he can rest his head on. I'm looking for a sweet new bed for him that's soft soft and soft...smooshy would be good too.

;)

any good leads?

Since Santa will bring it, I'm willing to invest...

#3 ·
Those pea pods beds were at National in Minnesota. They were really cute! If you have a snuggler I think it would be great for Kipling!

I didn't purchase one because I was not sure whether Quincy would snuggle down in there or not. He is a sprawler. :pound:

#11 ·
I went to the site, and like you, am not sure Kodi would like the peapod ones. But if you go back to the main site, they have round "donut" beds that look nice and squshy and comfortable, and are machine washable/dryable. I just ordered one of those!

#9 ·
I think he'd like the fabric...but I'm not sold on the design. Seems tippy and we have it right in our main area which is a wooden floor. Could be cute elsewhere in the house but not quite what I need. Thanks for the suggestion!

#10 · (Edited)
I ended up getting Nina a cat bed. It is small, round and has higher sides with a slight indent in part of the side. She likes to roll up in it and hang her head out. They had them in the pet store but I ended up with two from Walmart as the sides were firmer and do not collapse under her head. Nina is pretty small, 6lb at 6 months. She might be 7 lb now. Not sure how big Kipling is but at Costco here they have very nice soft ones, round with a pillow in the middle. It was just way too big for Nina. I know what you mean about the pea pot and wanting to see a picture with a dog in the pea pot. Those pea pot dog beds are sure stinking cute! I would want the lime green one. It looks like they are made with minky fabric. Something they make baby blankets out of. Nina already has two "cat" beds, one for down stairs and one for in the studio. She also gets covered with a baby blanky so I will resist getting more dog beds.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Well, these are really cheap but McGee loves his donut shaped bed from CVS pharmacy! I think it was $6 or 8.99! It is also machine washable. He jumps into his little bed at least a dozen times a day! I wasn't impressed with the peapod beds. I would hate to spend that much money and then have him not like it! He likes to prop his head on the sides of his donut bed. BTW, Abby wouldn't be caught dead in a doggie bed - she thinks she's a person!!

#16 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures. Love the cat bed pictues. So cute! Kipling's current donut is 22 inches inside and 32 inches including the outer ring. And it's right in our main area so I'd also like it to be nice in terms of colour too...will keep you posted on what I find!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.