Maddie gave me a huge scare :( - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesja View Post
You must have been so scared for Maddie, I bet you would've walked through fire to get to her! Hope you are recovering ok! Is Maddie ok? Maybe she wont want to chase kitties so much anymore!
Maddie is fine thanks for asking. Some day I'll take a picture of the wall and the area she went threw. I'm surprised the cat ran so fast it was twice the size as her.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #12
yatesja

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
She's an adorable little smooshie face! Glad she isok, and mom too !
yatesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
HavaneseSoon
Linda

Submit Photo: 73
Photo Submissions 24 Times in 22 Posts
So sorry, but I had to laugh.

Jack gave me the same scare the other day. Out the door he shot away like a speeding jack rabbit! Over to the house next door, no where to be found when I got off the deck! So down the street in that direction, I start looking. No coat on....it is freezing. Back to house after a few minutes to get a jacket, then off again to look again, I know he is next door somewhere. So, I go down the street past the neighbor's house and go down the edge of the forest area to see if I see something moving that is light moving in the forest. I saw something very briefly. It was Jack! I walk into the forest area (lot size) to my next door neighbor. It took me 10 minutes to find him.

Do not trust your Havs to cats!!!!! Dexter is so much well behaved. Jack is my trouble maker! I am so glad you found your baby. These guys are so helpless, they get to smelling junk and chasing cats, they have no clue they could get lost. Do they have radio type locators out yet for lost dogs? I want one! Make that two!

Dexter & Jack
"One Hav is NOT enough to enjoy the RLH skills!"
HavaneseSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
Ewokpup

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaneseSoon View Post
So sorry, but I had to laugh.

Jack gave me the same scare the other day. Out the door he shot away like a speeding jack rabbit! Over to the house next door, no where to be found when I got off the deck! So down the street in that direction, I start looking. No coat on....it is freezing. Back to house after a few minutes to get a jacket, then off again to look again, I know he is next door somewhere. So, I go down the street past the neighbor's house and go down the edge of the forest area to see if I see something moving that is light moving in the forest. I saw something very briefly. It was Jack! I walk into the forest area (lot size) to my next door neighbor. It took me 10 minutes to find him.

Do not trust your Havs to cats!!!!! Dexter is so much well behaved. Jack is my trouble maker! I am so glad you found your baby. These guys are so helpless, they get to smelling junk and chasing cats, they have no clue they could get lost. Do they have radio type locators out yet for lost dogs? I want one! Make that two!
I think I saw one at the apple store maybe. Not sure if it works. It has a minimum weight requirement...Bama is only 6 pounds and likes to try and chew on her collar when things are on it (we are switching to one with her name and # embroidered on).
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Beau's mom
Beau's Mom

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yes! There is a GPS locator for dogs and cats. My friends gave me one last Christmas (they don't want to live with me if I lose Beau). It has a transmitter that is attached to his collar and a base/charger that is plugged in in the house. If Beau gets out, it sends a text message to my cell phone. Then I can locate and track him with the phone. It is accurate within about 10 feet. It DOES work! Don't know whether there are other brands, but I have a TAGG Pettracker (can be Googled). I love it. When Beau gets out, he moves so fast that I can't even watch him fast enough! It costs about $99 for the unit -- and about $7 a month. For me, the peace of mind is well worth it!

Suzi - Glad you and Maddie survived without any lasting problems

They're not my dogs -- I'm their person
Lorraine
Beau's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
HavaneseSoon
Linda

Submit Photo: 73
Photo Submissions 24 Times in 22 Posts
Nice to know they have GPS locators now, I need to check in on one.

Dexter & Jack
"One Hav is NOT enough to enjoy the RLH skills!"
HavaneseSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Kathie

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Oh, Suzi! I hope you are feeling better now. These little guys can scare the daylights out of us. I had a similar experience as Linda a week or so ago. I was in the house and the dogs had gone out the doggie door. All of a sudden I noticed they weren't in the living room with me so I looked outside and didn't see them. Then I looked all over the house - calling them the whole time - nothing! The yard drops off so I checked down at the bottom of the hillside - no dogs but while walking back towards the house I notice the gate to the front is laying down on the ground! I panic!!! So, here I am in my robe and slippers and walk through the woods to the street and start calling again. About 4 houses down at the top of the hill I see two little fuzzy light blobs (didn't have on my glasses, either!). I keep calling and offering treats (lol). Finally, one of them starts running (probably McGee since he's food motivated) and then they are both running towards me so I start running toward the house and they follow me right in, thank God! DH had gone shopping so I was home alone without a car and my neighbor was gone!!! Needless to say I went straight to the doggie door and closed it off until DH got home to put the gate back up! What a scare!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 37 Times in 37 Posts
It really is a awful feeling. When mine were younger they never left my side. I think Zoey is still that way. She escaped Threw my little gate yesterday right in front of me to chase yet another cat. She went running and barking but turned around with in ten feet and came back. I don't let them in my back yard alone because about a month ago I had an eagle in my large back yard tree. I think it was a eagle because it was so big. Their is a pair that live around here but this was just one bird. I know it saw the sisters because it circled and was coming down closer and then landed in the tree. The good thing is it lets me know its their. It stayed around for over a day and then took off.
I want a GPS for my gardening tools.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #19
Ewokpup

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica'sMom View Post
I want one for my buttercomb! I couldn't find it anywhere last night. This afternoon I finally found it in the inner pocket of the bag I put it in.
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Oh, Suzi - what a scare!! Have you been able to block off the area by the garage so the sisters can't get in there any longer? I don't let my guys out alone either because we have had Eagles watching and circling at times. I am pretty sure it was watching the guys because when I picked Finn up, it flew off to a tree.

Linda and Kathie - I would have been a wreck! I think Augie would be more likely to chase a cat than Finn. Not going to test it though!!! I hope I never have to experience that. Those GPS things sound like a great idea. Suzi, I could use one for my pruners! Always leaving them around somewhere, or they get buried under a big pile of prunings.