Havanese Forum banner

Looking for Breeder in Atlanta Area

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  snadella 
#1 ·
This is my first post on this forum!! After some research based on our needs and family we decided a Havanese is probably the best dog we can get. I have 2 boys 9 and 8 and we live in a quiet neighborhood with lot of kids. I don't know anyone in our area who has a Havanese...so I was lost about where to get started....till I found this forum.

I did read through all the stickies on this forum regarding picking the right breeder etc., However, I can't find a breeder in Atlanta area( at least via internet)...Can anyone help?

Thank you
Sunita

#8 ·
Have you heard of Windyhill Havanese or Noble World ? Both are in Georgia. I want to find someone close by so that I can meet the parents at least one time before we decide to choose that particular breeder...
Windyhill and NobleGold both health test and show their dogs before breeding them. You can find the health results on the OFA website: www.offa.org

That's all I've got for you. The dogs are beautiful, and some of the pedigrees contain names of prominent show and breeding dogs.

#5 ·
Not sure why you say I "got lucky." Duane was very straight forward, open and accommodating with me from the beginning -- and still is. I just love Beau! He's perfect to and for me. Any diversion from what should have been was mostly related to my impatience. Just an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#10 · (Edited)
I did read through all the stickies on this forum regarding picking the right breeder etc., However, I can't find a breeder in Atlanta area( at least via internet)...Can anyone help?

I know quite a few in that area. Julie at Windy Hill is a sweetheart. Connie Lewis which is Nirvana Havanese is really great! She really does all the health testing, unlike some that just say they do, I won't name names. And she actually is currently actively showing her dogs. In the last month I have been to two shows with her. I just played with some pups she had at a show this past weekend. She has been doing it a long time and has great dogs. I think she is having problems with her website because it got a virus. I can get her info if you can't get it off of her website. . Let me know if you need any info.

#11 ·
Thanks Windym300!! that information was really helpful information. I just ched her website and I will contact her soon. Although we would love to have a puppy home as soon as possible, we have a family wedding that we will be attending early January in Texas. I would hate to leave a new puppy to go attend the wedding, so we are planning for late January early Feb. But I will get in touch with her and see if she has any upcoming litters.

Sunita

#13 ·
Thanks Windym300!! that information was really helpful information. I just ched her website and I will contact her soon. Although we would love to have a puppy home as soon as possible, we have a family wedding that we will be attending early January in Texas. I would hate to leave a new puppy to go attend the wedding, so we are planning for late January early Feb. But I will get in touch with her and see if she has any upcoming litters.

Sunita
You might want to look a little further afield too. Many of us have travelled to find the right puppy, or waited a long time for the right breeder to have the right puppy. (or some of each!) I flew from Boston to NC for Kodi, and would do it again in a heartbeat. (When and if I get another puppy, it will be from the Kings) There are good breeders here in NE too, but none that I felt comfortable with who were going to have puppies in the time frame that I wanted. I wanted to get the pup at the beginning of the summer, since I don't work during the summer, and it would give me the time to get a good start on training.

I know there are several good breeders in NC, including Starborn, (I don't think Starborn is planning another litter until the spring) and I don't think that would be TOO far to travel for you, would it?

#21 ·
Becky,
I checked Carol's website they said they are not planning on any new puppies till spring 2013. We are no hurry to get a puppy...but I do want to keep my options open in case we find one we fall in love. I will send you an message, please pass on the info.

Thanks
Sunita

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.