Introduce yourself part 3! - Page 63 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 AM   #621
marduqq

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts

hello everyone! arnie is a big boy now - 18 lbs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090059b (Custom).jpg (49.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by marduqq; 01-20-2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: i don't see the photo ..
marduqq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Nominates marduqq Great Photo:
marduqq (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 AM   #622
marduqq

an earlier photo, my daughter and arnie, in september 2013 ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3222 (Custom).JPG (49.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #623
Pipersmom
Julie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Aww, Arnie looks adorable!

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton
Pipersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #624
marduqq

wet arnie ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arnoaca (2)a.jpg (287.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #625
marcp1956@gmail.com

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cute! I love those big eyes.
marcp1956@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #626
Hsusa

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone! I am a brand new member just learning to use the forum. I surfed it as a guest for a couple of days then decided to dive in. We have a darling new puppy named Sheba. She is 18 weeks and we have had her since she was 8 weeks. Leah, I am so sorry about your loss.
Hsusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #627
civano

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been a member here for a few months now. My name is Kim. My husband and I recently got a Havanese puppy who will be 13 weeks old on Saturday. We also have 2 young sons (5 & 7) and an 11 year-old Papillon. We were wanting another dog who would be a good companion to both our children and our senior dog.

civano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #628
Lalla
Cuba and Tycho

Photo Submissions 11 Times in 11 Posts
It's so much nicer having more than one dog, isn't it; I got Cuba as a companion to my Coton de Tulear, Tycho, after my first Coton, Pamba died tragically young. Tychy was 7 at the time I got Cuba, having had a few years on his own, and has thrived on having another dog in his little life; I do hope your papillon is happy - I have a friend with another Coton (the mother, in fact, of Pamba) who recently acquired a French Bulldog; I'm not sure it's good casting, honestly. I think the way dogs play together is important to get right and some dogs just play differently. At a class once when he was about two years old Tycho played - or rather tried to play - with a pug; but the pug's idea of play was to move off to a bit of a distance and then hurtle at Tycho and ram into his side. Tycho just sat down and refused point blank to play with this little tank. But he and Cuba run-like-hell together, and wrestle and hurtle about side by side and it works beautifully. I should have thought a papillon and a Havanese would be good together. I do hope that that is what you have found to be the case.

Lalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #629
civano

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla View Post
It's so much nicer having more than one dog, isn't it; I got Cuba as a companion to my Coton de Tulear, Tycho, after my first Coton, Pamba died tragically young. Tychy was 7 at the time I got Cuba, having had a few years on his own, and has thrived on having another dog in his little life; I do hope your papillon is happy - I have a friend with another Coton (the mother, in fact, of Pamba) who recently acquired a French Bulldog; I'm not sure it's good casting, honestly. I think the way dogs play together is important to get right and some dogs just play differently. At a class once when he was about two years old Tycho played - or rather tried to play - with a pug; but the pug's idea of play was to move off to a bit of a distance and then hurtle at Tycho and ram into his side. Tycho just sat down and refused point blank to play with this little tank. But he and Cuba run-like-hell together, and wrestle and hurtle about side by side and it works beautifully. I should have thought a papillon and a Havanese would be good together. I do hope that that is what you have found to be the case.
Javi and Oreo (my Papillon) play a little differently but Javi has adjusted wonderfully to it. My breeder thinks that Papillons tend to play with more "gusto" then her Havanese. I find that to be true at least in the case of Oreo and Javi...granted it has only been a week. However, Oreo's play is much more quick and fierce and at first it was a bit intimidating with Javi. Oreo would growl and bark, grab his ball and run at and away from Javi. I think Javi was used to more of a gentle wrestle and romp and chase. At first, Javi would just plop down and look like what the heck has gotten into this other dog but now he chases after Oreo just fine. Oreo is super quick and will get away and doesn't really give the ball to Javi...at least until Javi plops down and then Oreo will roll the ball to him and bark...and it all starts over again. Oreo isn't much of a wrestler...he likes to chase and run away all the while squeaking a ball in his mouth.

Up until he was 2.5 years old, Oreo lived with 2 other dogs (another Papillon and a Wire Hair Fox Terrier) with myself and an exboyfriend. Since then, he has been the only dog for some time and had to endure me getting married and having children. He gets really anxious if we have gone on vacation and our vet suggested we think about getting another dog so he has another member of his pack with him should we go away. As he has Atypical Addison's disease and doesn't handle stress to well, we were hoping adding another dog would be a good thing. It is definitely an adjustment as Oreo can be crabby and doesn't probably want to play nearly as much as Javi would like (or was use to with his littermates and/or the adult Havanese in his breeder's home) but I think they are both enjoying each other's company and my hope is it will only get better. I do think Havanese and Papillons make good playmates! They are so different...personality wise...but both precious.

civano is offline   Reply With Quote