Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #181
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaye View Post
Goodness!! Do all Havi's regress in potty training during adolescence? How long does that last? Sophie has only had 1 poop accident in the house and that was the 1st week we had her. She is 6 1/2 months and has not had a pee accident in over 2 months. I am not liking what I am reading. She has stopped some of her attention getting negative behavior and now I am reading there may be more down the pike! UGH!!!
Kodi was doing great... I thought we had it licked. Then someone (Missy, I think) warned me to watch him at around one year, because both of hers had regressed at that age. I thanked her for the warning, but thought, "That won't happen with MY dog!"

Guess what? Within a week, one way or the other , of his first birthday, he had a couple of accidents. We tightened things back up again, watched him more closely, confined him when we couldn't watch him, and it only took a couple of weeks of that "refresher course" to get him back on track again.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #182
swaye

Submit Photo: 12
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Kodi was doing great... I thought we had it licked. Then someone (Missy, I think) warned me to watch him at around one year, because both of hers had regressed at that age. I thanked her for the warning, but thought, "That won't happen with MY dog!"

Guess what? Within a week, one way or the other , of his first birthday, he had a couple of accidents. We tightened things back up again, watched him more closely, confined him when we couldn't watch him, and it only took a couple of weeks of that "refresher course" to get him back on track again.
I have been warned and will tuck this away for another few months...
swaye is offline   Reply With Quote