Havanese Forum banner

Does the dog really want to be petted?

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
A friend on Facebook posted this video:

I thought it was good and easy to understand.

#3 · (Edited)
good one Sheri, yeah I've seen that one , but it's a good one for sure. Very important stuff . Sometimes we punish them when we want to reward them Watch the pats over the head, them are the dangerous ones, a lot of dogs don't like them.Scratches Under the chin or chest is best.

#6 ·
Brody does this too, quite forcefully actually. He woke me up this morning butting his head under my hand and arm trying to wake me up for pets! It made me laugh and immediately think of this thread!

The odd thing is, he will back away when the hand comes at his head, but once I am rubbing/petting his head, then he head butts me if I stop.

#12 ·
Freddie is definitely liking it. Not a great video lol ,but he's moving forward and placing his paws up for more. BTW Fred hasn't answered Molly's Valentine request. :(

#17 ·
That is a really great video for kids! I wish they had one like back when Gucci was a puppy about "does your dog really want to be picked up by young children?"...:pound:

Gucci is generally more of a 'yes' type , but I have seen her say no a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.