Havanese Forum banner

Crunching on Teeth!

817 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  krandall 
#1 ·
Lola is 6 months old and has been loosing teeth pretty well, up until yesterday. I gave her a treat and ever sense then she has been crunching on one of her teeth! The sound makes me cringe and she seems super uncomfortable by it. She has all four overlapping K9s, which I think may be the culprit. The crunching started up again tonight non-stop. She's crunching and grinding her teeth and can't seem to bite down all the way. The poor thing even keeps rubbing her paws on her mouth as if she's trying to get the tooth out! She's not interested in chewing anything but soft toys and I watered down her food tonight. She is getting spayed this upcoming Wednesday, which is a whole other worry for me, but I'm guessing they'll probably pull some teeth then. I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for the meantime before Wednesday. If she wasn't already scheduled, I'd bring her in for them to get removed, but I really don't want her to deal with the anesthesia twice. Any suggestions? Thank you!

#2 ·
When Kodi was uncomfortable while teething, his breeder suggested freezing a wet wash cloth for him to chew on. It really seemed to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.