Havanese Forum banner

Water

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NvonS 
#1 ·
As a follow up to the "distilled water" thread I found this article that I thought was good. This topic related to dogs seems to be hardly mentioned in any scientific articles that I've found. I know it seems to be somewhat of a consensus that certain waters (and I think more so foods) can be the source of eye stains. And it does seem that distilled water can help with the eye staining, but I'd like to know whether distilled is the best choice in general say over spring water which theoretically would contain important nutrients.??? I'd like to research this more and if anyone has more information, please share. But this article is good and the one point that I tended to agree with is, the fact that water should always be accessible, because some people will restrict it when house training young pups, and I don't think that's advisable. Here's the article anyway. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/canine-nutrition/water-most-neglected-canine-nutrient/

#2 ·
#4 ·
In NJ I give Lily Poland Spring. When we are in FL she gets filtered water from the refrigerator door. I have noticed that her staining is less in FL. She also swims in salt water once a week in FL and gets rinsed in fresh water after. This is in addition to her bi weekly bath. I wish there was a magic fix. I have asked the vets and only one has ever suggested Angel Eyes. I would never give her that. One said stay away from chicken. (Now she eats buffalo) I have tried a face wash that works ok. Nothing I have found is great. We could make MILLIONS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.