6 months old havanese barking problem - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Training Tips and Advice

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
I would DEFINITELY take Pam and Tom up on this offer if you could. This type of training is invaluable, and you (and Adri!) will have a ball as well. I wish we lived close enough to see more of Pam and Tom. They are both a fantastic source of knowledge. We are both lucky to have breeders like them!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
ox3pxo

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom King View Post
In training animals, the difference between having quick success and actually going backwards can be quite subtle differences in timing and body language. I know you are 3 1/2 to 4 hours away, but feel free to bring her back and stay long enough for us to work with you and Adri some if you like.

If you came on a weekend night and stayed into the next day, it would probably be long enough, and not interupt your work schedule. Pam can explain much more easily in person than writing it out. Timing is much more easy to pick up in person.

We kept her Sister Willo. She and Willo will have a ball together. Their Sister Rainy came back to stay for several days, and Willo and her Mom, Razzle had a great time playing with her. We also kept ownership of Rainy, but she's living with Pam's Sister in N.J. Experience with the pack is also good for them.

We're having puppies in a few weeks, and Pam is showing some weekends before then, but you can work it out with Pam when is a good time to come, if you can.
Wow, Tom! Thank you so much for the generous offer!! I was thinking it would be nice to visit one of these days to have Adri with her family again =) We definitely are so lucky to have such great breeders!! I'll be in touch shortly and hopefully we can schedule something. If not an overnight stay a day trip sounds fantastic as well. Thanks!!
ox3pxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
Tom King

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Yumi and Adri came for their visit yesterday. We (including the dogs) all had a good time. Here's a picture of Yumi holding Adri, and her Mom, Razzle. Adri (pronounced Audrey) had a very good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yumi&Adri 017.jpg (2.15 MB, 12 views)
Tom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom King View Post
Yumi and Adri came for their visit yesterday. We (including the dogs) all had a good time. Here's a picture of Yumi holding Adri, and her Mom, Razzle. Adri (pronounced Audrey) had a very good day.
Boy, can you tell those are Kodi's (close) relatives?!?!?

For those who don't know, Razzle is his mom, and Adri is his (little) full sister.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
bjackier

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
How am I supposed to distinguish between "I want attention bark" from "I need to go out" or "I need water"???
bjackier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Tom King

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
There is a difference, but I don't know how to explain it in words. Keep paying attention, and you'll get it after a while. They're pretty good communicators.
Tom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #17
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackier View Post
How am I supposed to distinguish between "I want attention bark" from "I need to go out" or "I need water"???
With Kodi, If he wants attention, he barks AT me. If he wants to go out, it's a much lower, single bark, and he's by the door when he does it. But he didn't do that until he was almost 2. I don't think he's ever barked for water, but I'm pretty careful to make sure his dish is always full.

I think, though, that as with babies, If you aren't SURE there is no physical need, you really have to check and make SURE it's not an "I want to go out" bark (or I need water!) before you put them on ignore. You CERTAINLY don't want them to get the idea that it doesn't do any good to tell you they need to go out!