Havanese Forum banner

JANUARY FUN PHOTO CHALLENGE 2013

7K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  Suzi 
#1 ·
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!How about we start of the new year with some super snow pics?!After the tremendous snow falls many of you have experienced,I'm sure there must be some good snow dog photos to be show cased!As yet we have had hardly any snow here where we live,so I will start the snow ball rolling with some old pics.For those of you with no snow lets see your pups celebrating new year!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
great pics, Santa didn't bring me a new camera for Christmas so I'll have to buy one myself :frusty: Looks like you have more snow than we do.

#5 · (Edited)
WHAT'S WRONG WITH SANTA!?!?!:brick:

No camera would be a crisis in my life! I think you've waited long enough. Go thee and get thee one as soon as the stores open!:)

#3 ·
We rarely get snow here, but a surprise three-hour snowfall hit our area on the last day of 2012. Augie loved running in it and trying to get Finn to run and chase him. Finn ran some, but I don't think he liked it when his legs and feet got full of snowballs - didn't get a decent picture of that. Finn was more interested in eating some dried pear tree leaves under the snow. Temps have been in the low 30s so it is nearly gone this morning.

I only remember two or three times since we have lived here where we got the kind of snow you are showing Clare.

Attachments

#10 ·
I wish!!!:smow:

I loved our warm, almost snow-less winter last year!!! Only 17F this morning. Too cold to do anything outside (at least for me!)

#9 ·
Linda - I am so glad that you got some snow!! Didn't the pups just love it?

We have had a little snow, but not enough to get some good pics - so here are a few from last year..... And hopefully I will get to post some from 2013 soon.

My husband takes the snow blower and creates paths in the back yard and the pups just love love love to chase each other through them. The little one, Laila was only 2 lbs and she wanted to bury herself in the snow!!
SAdly - the only problem with Havanese and snow - is the "snow balls" that cake onto them. But none of mine seem to care about it!

:smow::smow: Happy Snow everyone!!!

Attachments

#15 ·
I already posted a few of these in another thread, but I figured I'd add them here as well and throw in another one.. Here are Sonic and Aries after playing in the snow the other day, I still have to get better at taking the action shots of them actually running through the snow :biggrin1:

Attachments

#23 ·
Welcome to England Laura!And the land of everlasting rain!Well that is how it has been this past year,incredible amount of rain even by British standards,and we have only had about 3 snow flakes back at the beginning of December.The pics I posted were from last year,so yes there are times when we get snow,you just never know with our weather!

#27 ·
Thanks guys.. I have been having a blast taking tons of pictures with my new Christmas present (a Nikon D3100) and of course Sonic and Aries are my favorite subjects!!

Sonic is a year and 8 months now and Aries is a year and 2 months... Aries is my brave little girl when it comes to anything except greeting new people or big dogs, while the only 2 things Sonic is absolutely sure of is meeting new people and big dogs haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.