Looking for reputable breeder in Massachusetts area - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #31
RitaandRiley

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Lee Ann, I sent you a private message.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
Cubby

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaandRiley View Post
Lee Ann, I sent you a private message.
Hi Rita,
I just sent you a reply. I hope you get it, Ive had a little trouble lately but hope my messages are fixed. If you dont receive it, let me know!
LeeAnn
Cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #33
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Hi there! Wow so nice to know there are other Hav owners in the area, though Ive never run into any. I seem to never see any havs around but Id love to!
A play date sounds great!! Ive never been to a Hav playdate it would be so fun to see Henry run around with other Havs. Oh, yes, my little Havanese is named Henry, and thank you we think hes adorable too The name Cubby belongs to my 12 yr old bichon. I joined 3 years ago when I only had Cubby, looking for advice and help finding a Hav to add to my family. I remember your name and that you were so helpful to me, thank you again. Since then Ive come on and off the forum mostly lurking and only lately have a bit more time to stick around. So since you are in my area, may I ask if you know of a good groomer? Henry got butchered back in December just before Christmas, we are still dealing with the choppiness but it is growing out little by little. If you know of anyone please let me know.

Again, so HAPPY there are other Metrowest-ers around with Havs!
LeeAnn
I use two people that I like. Emily Michele at Especially for Pets in Medway has been grooming Kodi recently, but she is going out on maternity leave in a week or two. Before Emily, I used Michelle Ellertson, who is the Noseworks trainer at MasterPeace in Franklin, and also grooms at Petco in Dedham(?). (she did Kodi at MasterPeace, so I'm not positive which Petco she grooms at) Michelle got hurt and wasn't able to groom for a while, which was when I switched to Emily. Now that Emily is going out on maternity leave, I'm planning on going back to Michelle. Both do a great job on Kodi, but keep in mind that since he is in long coat, they do very little. They just trim his nails, feet and sanitary. I haven't seen a puppy cut from Emily. I have seen a Havanese in a long puppy cut that Michelle does, and he looks good to me.

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #34
Cubby

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you so much for the info! Henry is only just now beginning to look like a Havanese again. He had a horrible haircut in December. Id like to find a groomer who can help us get Henrys cut back to normal. I know, its a long growing out process but little by little. Mary has an excellent summertime groomer so I cant wait to get both my boys to her person . Does the place you mention also do training?
Again, thanks for all the help and hope to meet you with our Havs someday
LeeAnn
Cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #35
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Thank you so much for the info! Henry is only just now beginning to look like a Havanese again. He had a horrible haircut in December. Id like to find a groomer who can help us get Henrys cut back to normal. I know, its a long growing out process but little by little. Mary has an excellent summertime groomer so I cant wait to get both my boys to her person . Does the place you mention also do training?
LeeAnn
Just remember that when it comes to puppy cuts, "normal" is in the eye of the beholder. the way you want Henry to look may be very different from what someone else wants. So you not only need to find a good groomer, but communicate very clearly. I also insist on being there while Kodi is being groomed, so I can talk to the groomer during the process and make decisions on the spot. That is a large part of why I chose to work with these two groomers. In both instances, they were open to me being there while Kodi is groomed. I would NOT just drop him off and pick him up anywhere!!! (and this isn't only in terms of the groom job... I don't want him to have to sit in a cage for hours with other dogs barking, and lots of noise and bustle around him. I want to get in and out as quickly as possible.

Especially for Pets does some pet-type classes. I have no idea of the quality, as I've never used them. MasterPeace is where I train regularly with Kodi. (and why Michelle can groom him there, since we're there anyway) They have awesome instructors for everything from pet classes and puppy K to high level competition obedience, agility and nosework.

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #36
Missy

Submit Photo: 27
Photo Submissions 46 Times in 33 Posts
we have a great breeder in Ashland. Of course we keep the boys in a puppy cut. but he has done good longer trims too. (well 4 inches in legnth is the longest we've ever been able to grow them out to) send me a pm if Ashland is close enough to you and I will give you the info.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #37
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
Looking for a reputable breeder in Massachusetts

Quote:
LeeAnn
FYI, LeeAnn, Shauna does not use cages in her grooming salon. If your dog is there only for grooming, when she finishes with him, he's put in an expen right in the salon (she has a very large area) to wait for you or if you want him to stay for playtime, he can mingle with the doggie daycare group and have the run of the place, under supervision. She tries to simulate a home environment. It has worked very well for us. When I had Bailey, I asked that the two of them be put in an expen and not mingle with the others, as I didn't know how Bailey would react. Tyler, however, has been mingling lately. I think I told you how he runs with all the dogs and then stops while they play together, as he is the old man of the group and not the playing type. She also has a self-wash area so I know she has clients in the salon. I think she may even show you how to groom your dog if you want that, but don't quote me on that. I can ask, if you're interested in that or hanging around. Just let me know. I already told her to expect you this summer.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote