Havanese Forum banner

Introduce yourself part 3!

118K views 668 replies 166 participants last post by  Lalla 
#1 ·
Seems there are so many new members! Decided to start a new introduce yourself thread. Please post pictures!

Hi,
I am Linda. I live outside of Philadelphia. I have 3 wonderful havanese.

Bella almost 8 years old. The smallest full grown Hav I have ever met. She thinks she's a cat.

Fred almost 7 yrs old. I should have named him trouble or grump. He is the grumpiest havanese I have ever met. He is like the canine version of Archie Bunker. Just look how mean he looks:). He wouldn't hurt a fly though.

Scudder almost 6 years old. He is the most easy going, mild manner dog. I call him the mayor!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
yeah but this has been Linda's idea originally so I gave her a nudge to start up a new one. Generally for new members or members that have never introduced themselves yet . But feel free even if you've been with us. for a while. It' s always fun to find out about you lovely folks. Don't be shy.

#8 ·
I'm Leah and I live in southeast Missouri with my husband, Jeremy, and our two beautiful children, Dylan (3 years old) and Lily (1 year old). They keep me pretty busy, plus I work full time at a bank.

We currently have two dogs and one cat.
The cat is a 9 year old orange tabby named Artie.
Our dog Buttercup (Princess Buttercup) is a 7 month old Olde English Bulldogge and she is a monster dog. It's her mission to seek and destroy.
Jasper is our Havanese. :) He's a year old and he's a shorthair. He's very sweet and sensitive.

The dogs.

#10 ·
The pictures are deceiving! Lol. They do get along well, but Buttercup is still a puppy and we've only had her for about a month. Unfortunately, she thinks that Jasper is a fun squeaky chew toy. She's very rough with him and he's such a wimp that he won't even attempt to stand up for himself and let her know when she needs to settle down. We have to keep them separate, except for very supervised playtimes.

It was actually hard for me to write that previous post. We had our senior dog, Rocky, put to sleep yesterday morning. It was very hard to change my signature and say that we have two dogs.

#14 ·
The pictures are deceiving! Lol. They do get along well, but Buttercup is still a puppy and we've only had her for about a month. Unfortunately, she thinks that Jasper is a fun squeaky chew toy. She's very rough with him and he's such a wimp that he won't even attempt to stand up for himself and let her know when she needs to settle down. We have to keep them separate, except for very supervised playtimes.

It was actually hard for me to write that previous post. We had our senior dog, Rocky, put to sleep yesterday morning. It was very hard to change my signature and say that we have two dogs.
I'm SO sorry to hear that, Leah. It's always hard to lose one of our furry family members!<hugs>

#12 ·
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't even image going through that:(

Fred used to beat Bella up when he was a puppy. He thought she was his toy. He would make her yipe at least 20-30 times a day. I would tell him no and leash him every time he made her yipe. It finally stopped. Hope things get easier for you.

#16 ·
My name is Brian. We live in Wisconsin. My wife Susan and I have 4 children. One is in medical school, one in college and the latter two still at home. Our havanese is Shadow, which is an appropriate name because he follows whoever is home with him all over...He is about 3-1/2 years old now.

The photo is Shadow caught on the couch (where he is not supposed to be).

Attachments

#17 ·
Welcome Brian. He's a cool looking dude. He looks studious too. Thanks. We need more guys on here. :whoo:

#22 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm Lisa and I live a couple hours north of Atlanta with my husband Bill & our Havanese, Parker. Parker is 7 months old and such a joy...except when he thinks EVERYTHING is his. :) Shoes, clothing, and anything paper related are his favorites...imagine that! We are learning as I guess all new parents do.

Attachments

#23 ·
Welcome Lisa , what an adorable guy. Thanks.

#24 ·
hello newbies, don't be shy.

#26 ·
hello newbies .

#29 ·
Hi Everyone!

My name is Catherine, and I'm new to the Havanese. I got Desilu in April and she's a bouncing 5 month old now!

She joins me, my DH, our black lab Jazz, our gutter cat Kitty Kitty (she was literally found in the gutter), two laying hens, and our honey bees at our home in the Florida Keys.

I'm very interested in learning how to groom her properly, so I'm reading all about proper techniques and tools. I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from this forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.