Havanese Forum banner

Introduce yourself part 3!

118K views 668 replies 166 participants last post by  Lalla 
#1 ·
Seems there are so many new members! Decided to start a new introduce yourself thread. Please post pictures!

Hi,
I am Linda. I live outside of Philadelphia. I have 3 wonderful havanese.

Bella almost 8 years old. The smallest full grown Hav I have ever met. She thinks she's a cat.

Fred almost 7 yrs old. I should have named him trouble or grump. He is the grumpiest havanese I have ever met. He is like the canine version of Archie Bunker. Just look how mean he looks:). He wouldn't hurt a fly though.

Scudder almost 6 years old. He is the most easy going, mild manner dog. I call him the mayor!

Attachments

See less See more
#553 ·
Hello,

my name is Nicole Arntzen and I am from Germany. Together with my sweet little hav Hilda (Full name: Amor a primera vista Hilda) I live in Mönchengladbach, which is a town close to Cologne.

I am 41 years old and Hilda is 4.

If you have questions concerning myself or Hilda, do not hesitate to ask - I try to answer them with my not so good English as good as I can.

And now, here are some photos of Hilda:

Hilda with her mom still in her breeder's home:

#559 ·
Thank you all for the nice welcome.
It is nice to know that I finally have a place to come to if I have questions or just show off my babies:D.
Since you have met my 3 havanese, let me introduce you to their siblings. Mia 11months, Jaxson 10 months and abby 2 or 3 years old( she is a puppymill rescue).We just adopted Abby one month ago.

Attachments

#568 ·
Hi, just wanted to throw a quick introduction out there. My name is Chad, 32 years old in Ohio. I have a Great Dane that is 6 years old and just recently put a deposit down on a male Havanese pup that was born yesterday morning. I am checking out the site to get some info. So far, I love what I read about Havs, even if my friends say it's a "girly dog" LOL. :) I'll make up for it by getting him a cool little Harley Davidson shirt

#571 ·
welcome Chad, we need more guys. :clap2:

#573 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm Jayne. I live in Canada, and I don't actually have a Havanese...yet. ;)

On Friday next week (Oct 25), I'm headed out to pick up our sweet little dog, Ella. She's a year old, and is being re-homed because her current pet-parents no longer have the time for her...the stay-at-home mom of 19 years just took a f/t job. Little Ella is showing signs of anxiety when left alone each day, so she's coming to live with us. ♥

My husband & I have a 20 year old son (who lives away) and a two year old daughter. Our daughter is going to love this dog - I can hardly wait to introduce them. :)

I'm on this forum, hoping to learn as much as possible! I really want Ella to be happy in her new home. :)

#575 ·
welcome Chad, and to Jayne, too; how lovely reading about new puppies, and re-experiencing vicariously the joys of those first days and weeks. Mine is 7 months old now, and this site has been such a huge help, so much fun, so many generous people willing to help. I am so glad I found it, and so will all you newcomers be, too, I'm absolutely sure.

#577 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Christine the soon-to-be owner of the little man called Henry. I really can't wait to meet him it's only three weeks to go! I haven't had the chance to meet yet because the breeder lives a 20 hour drive away. I am really really excited and nervous at the same time my main hope to him is that he won't have bad separation anxiety issues.
I have been browsing this forum for months now looking into hints and tips And though I am from Queensland Australia and most of you guys seem to be from America the site has been a wealth of knowledge about the Havanese and has provided me with many hours of contentment looking at puppy/dog photos.
Here is a photo and hopefully video that I was sent by the breeder fingers crossed they upload right!

Tried to upload the video via photobucket but no success :(

#578 ·
Hi Christine, it's great to have a fellow Queenslander on the forum - welcome.

What a cute little boy and I love the name Henry. Can't wait to see more photos.

Btw if you are postng from and ipad it only allows you one attachment per reply so not sure if that's the problem. You could try another post and see if you can just attach the video.

#579 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tip give it a try now hopefully it will work, yes i am posting from an ipad. A question for you since you are from Queensland do you have any troubles with the heat? any tips? I will be able to have him in air conditioning from mid Jan but until then was going to try cooling mats/ice in water ect.

Nope video still will not work :( oh well

#580 ·
Ok that's my technical know how exhausted:)

Charlie is just 7 months so we haven't experienced a summer with him yet so I can't really advise on what'd does or doesn't work, but this is my experience so far.

We've had a few hot and humid days recently and being mainly black he does suck up the sun and then just pants a lot. So I tend to keep him indoors where he's happy to flop on the tiles.

We've just had his coat trimmed down (a mid-length cut rather than very short) but can't say I notice a big difference. However next time I'm going to ask the groomer to cut more off his belly so that the cool tiles are more effective for him.

We have a gel mat which he uses if he's in the (carpeted) study with me but otherwise he just prefers the tiles. I've also bought a spray bottle to wet him down when he's outside and I'm hoping this will help.

Will know better on what works in a couple of months - we're on the Sunshine Coast.

#581 ·
LOL no problem I couldn't figure it out either.
I'm on the Sunshine Coast too, well i am in emerald at the moment for work, but will be back in a few weeks before heading to Harvey Bay.
I've been reading Charlies diary and finding it cute and really interesting and I am gonna keep a few things in mind particularly about his food

#582 ·
Another newbie in Florida

Hi everyone,
I'm Debbie, and my havanese Remi (5/17/13) just turned 5 months old. She's our very first family pet, so we're learning together! I visited this site a few months ago looking around for advice/info on bringing her into our home, but never posted anything.
I don't really have any questions, but welcome tips and ideas. I'm sure I'll think of something soon for all you seasoned veterans to help me along with!

Attachments

#583 ·
welcome, super pictures. yeah don't be shy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.