Havanese Forum banner

Introduce yourself part 3!

118K views 668 replies 166 participants last post by  Lalla 
#1 ·
Seems there are so many new members! Decided to start a new introduce yourself thread. Please post pictures!

Hi,
I am Linda. I live outside of Philadelphia. I have 3 wonderful havanese.

Bella almost 8 years old. The smallest full grown Hav I have ever met. She thinks she's a cat.

Fred almost 7 yrs old. I should have named him trouble or grump. He is the grumpiest havanese I have ever met. He is like the canine version of Archie Bunker. Just look how mean he looks:). He wouldn't hurt a fly though.

Scudder almost 6 years old. He is the most easy going, mild manner dog. I call him the mayor!

Attachments

See less See more
#648 ·
In 2018, we added Lani to our family. When she was a month old, she was white with brown spots. As she matured, her brown spots lighted up to a peach color.
In 2019, we picked up Lila from the same breeder. She kept her red color as she as aged.
As of February 2020, Lani is 17 months while Lila is 5 months.
Pippin, our black Shavanese, passed away in 2019 due to congenial heart disease. The best way to describe him is that he had an excess of personality.

Attachments

#651 ·
Topuall,
Definitely the same color, though your pup has a bit more white. Lila is showing only white on her chest.
Gorgeous pup, he has the same shape face as our Lila.

Frank

#652 ·
It’s such a long time since I visited this wonderful site, so I am re-introducing myself. I am the very lucky owner of Cuba, who is now eight years old - I can’t believe how time flies (such a boring cliché, but so true, which is I suppose what makes it a cliché...). I’m very happy to be back on the Forum, and hope some of my friends from before are still here.

#653 ·
LALA!!! So GOOD to see you!!! ❤ ❤❤. We have puppies at our house! (Read all about it in the “Panda’s Puppies” thread!) Kodi, Pixel and Panda are doing great. Are you still in Hong Kong? How have done through Covid? I don’t want to ask, but I have to... you didn’t mention Tycho... :cry:

Reactions: Sheri
#667 ·
I’m sure you must be absolutely right, Karen, in your feelings about dogs and children. Our hearts are so capable of so much love, the nuances of the variations on the theme constantly fill our lives with so much, those of us who have such capacity. We are the lucky ones, even when we have to pay the very high price of the heartache that comes with loss. That price is worth every penny; I don’t think, if we were without the capacity to suffer, that we’d have the capacity to love in the first place.

I’m conscious of having steered this thread way off course, for which I apologise, but after so long away from the forum, it has been so wonderful to have all your kind messages about Tycho, and to reconnect with such sympathetic and empathetic people. Thank you all, and I’d like, with GoWithTheFlo, to say that my heart, too, goes out to anyone who has suffered in this terrible time of pandemic, and especially now, as she says, to the people of India.

#668 ·
I’m conscious of having steered this thread way off course, for which I apologise, but after so long away from the forum, it has been so wonderful to have all your kind messages about Tycho, and to reconnect with such sympathetic and empathetic people. Thank you all, and I’d like, with GoWithTheFlo, to say that my heart, too, goes out to anyone who has suffered in this terrible time of pandemic, and especially now, as she says, to the people of India.
You've been in the Forum long enough to know that conversations RARELY stay on track! ;) 💗

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.