Havanese Forum banner

Water

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  dodrop82 
#1 · (Edited)
Funny how we get used to things and don't realize that we're addicted. Years ago ,we switched from city (chlorinated) water to bottles spring water. Last week we ran out of bottled water and had to drink tap water. Well ,not only did I smell the chlorine right away ,but Molly went to get a drink, looked at me and said (Linda's lfung5 favorite expression) "WTF" . :pound: Man that stuff tastes bad now.

#4 ·
This is another example I could have posted on the "you know you love you Hav when" thread. We switched for Molly. Sabine recommended it. What we do for our dogs. ehh.

#5 ·
ahhh LInda, not only did you get Molly swearing but you drink the good stuff and let the dogs drink tap. Shame. lol

#8 ·
good for you Linda, tell Linda, she's cheap. :pound:

#11 ·
they are right ,but that's what we do.

#12 ·
We have well water, so there's no I issue here. Never heard a complaint from Tyler. Another perk, no water bill. Downside, when power goes out, there's no water, no flushing toilets, etc. Another perk, we have a full house generator so no issue there either.

#13 ·
what's the Boy Scout motto, ,, Be Prepared .

#15 ·
Twenty six years ago I ran in a marathon in Florida and was warned not to drink anything but bottled water.

#16 ·
I give my guys tap water and add white vinger...sounds not good, but Boo Boo finds the water dish if it gets pushed somewhere else.

I have a kinda funny story about the tap water years ago two of my sister in laws visited me from India, they had never been to the US and in India you always have to drink bottled water, some boil it but, really it's just not safe. So they ask "Bisa where is the boiled water"? I told them they could drink the water out of the tap...they acted so funny and did not touch it. Years later they told me that they never experienced "safe tap water" until that first time in the US, and there was no way they were going to drink it, then my huband expained in Hindi that the water is treated here and safe, he drank some to show them...still they were not convinced, then he pointed to the dogs dish and said "she feeds it to the **** dogs of hers", they said that is what tipped the scales...they knew in India I only fed them the bottle water, although they though me a bit eccentic...they knew I would not poison the dogs.:)

#17 ·
amazing ehh.

#19 ·
WellI drink tap water and so do my animals unless they are drinking out of the swimming pool. And a lot of the bottled water comes from city wells, so what is the point and I have to say that tooth decay in young children has greatly changed since I was a little girl and drand from a well and my children grew up with floride in the city water--no cavities.

#25 ·
I drink tap water, but started giving my dogs distilled water to help with the staining. But...despite my best efforts, they will also drink out of the mud puddles in the backyard, eat snow like it's a delicacy, and drink out of the murky Mohawk river on our walks. :puke: I finally realized it was a losing battle and went back to tap water!
I'll put that money into a few more bully sticks instead :)

#27 ·
We use filtered tap water for the humans and the animals here. We have town wells and the water is pretty good. We sometimes have a bit of chlorine smell in the late summer, if it's not filtered, but otherwise ther's no problem. I keep a pretty close eye on it (you should be able to get a complete water analyisis at least a coole of times per year from your municipality) because I use it in my aquariums, and bad water wil kill many fish and most ornamental shrimp on contact.

We filter it because the refrigerator also chills it, and it does taste better after running it through the carbon filter. When we are camping, we use bottled water, both because I don't always trust campground water, and also becuase I've seen that rapidly changing water supplies can sometimes upset Kodi's tummy.

#28 ·
When I lived out in the country and we had our own well, that water was the best tasting. Now we have city water and it's nasty. (If I lean to close to the sink when brushing my teeth, the smell of the water gets me gagging...Bleck!) We use bottled water, and Brita filtered water. In the kitchen, the girls have the filtered water, in the bathroom, they get tap water...they show no preference for one over the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.