Hairball? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Health Issues and Questions

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Hairball?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
Lola :)

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hairball?

I'm a little concerned because the last two nights Lola (4 1/2 months old) has thrown up in her crate I noticed she ate the throw up (yuck!) and left behind what appears to be some sort of hairball. The first night the hairball was larger and I was relieved she was able to cough it up. Last night a few hours before bed, she coughed a little and sure enough, I found the stain in her crate and a smaller hairball hours later. Even though she always wakes me during the night to go outside and use the bathroom, she didn't wake me either night when she got sick. Lola still has a great appetite and is happy and playful like her usual self. She does eat dirt outside, even though I am constantly telling her "no" and grabbing whatever I can out of her mouth before she gobbles it up. We also have a cat who Lola adores and she does like to lick the floor and occasionally grab my hair (puppy!). Do you think this is something I should bring her to the vet for? Is this sometimes typical?