Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Puppy Area

Puppy Area * Do not advertise dogs for sale here*

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
heatherk
Elissa's and Ceylon's Mom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Aw she is adorable either way! I just LOVE Cey's growing hair, but he is only 5 months and hasn't start to blow his coat yet, so we'll see how I feel about this issue in a couple of months or so haha.
heatherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
LOL, ya I loved Tillie's long coat too and am looking forward to growing it out, BUT there comes a point when 3 HOURS a day of grooming is just crazy!! LOL I thought I'd be able to hack it, but alas we ended up with a puppy cut. Blowing coat is NOT for sissies.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #13
MopTop Havanese
Katie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 18 Times in 14 Posts
LOVE the short 'do!! I was all for the longer hair the first few years I had my doggies......then I did the shorter cuts and I just cant go back!! It gets SO hot here in the summer, I know they are much happier shorter. Plus they look so cute, and baths are a snap! With my bum shoulder it's the only thing that keeps me sane!

Katie

www.MopTopHavanese.com
Paws.....and reflect on what life has given you~
MopTop Havanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #14
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 18 Times in 16 Posts
Gracie is just as cute as can be with her new do!! I love it!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
Annie Clark

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
She is adorable both ways! And what a cute little tail.

I like both Hav styles. Miss Nala is happiest with a short cut because I think she feels very "done". (This is a dog whol loves hotels, elevators, airplanes and automatic opening doors)
Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
Grimnel
Jasper Marley and Pixie

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Now i know how you feel, normally i've kept up with all 3 of ours, but having to work away for the past couple of weeks meant leaving the grooming to DH, who seems to think a quick brush over the top looks grand - until i got home and showed him the matts underneath. So on monday i took them to the groomers, pixie and jasper had to be shaved right down, i could've cried, i loved their long hair. Marley got away with a longer teddy bear cut but they've angled it quite harshly on the sides and i prefer a softer look. While they are short i am coaching hubby in how to groom properly, so we will see how it goes, at least they will be cool for summer.
Grimnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
JMGracie

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
The groomer told me to focus on the legs, more than the torso. I guess it's easier to work through knots/mats on the torso (which is probably the same reason that's mostly where I worked at them), and if the legs are alright they won't have to cut her as short.

I don't mind the short hair that much, although she looks like a totally different dog. If I had my choice, I would go with a little longer and messier like the black/white puppy in the banner at the top of the page. I know it'll grow out in a few weeks, too.
JMGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #18
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 34 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGracie View Post
The groomer told me to focus on the legs, more than the torso. I guess it's easier to work through knots/mats on the torso (which is probably the same reason that's mostly where I worked at them), and if the legs are alright they won't have to cut her as short.

I don't mind the short hair that much, although she looks like a totally different dog. If I had my choice, I would go with a little longer and messier like the black/white puppy in the banner at the top of the page. I know it'll grow out in a few weeks, too.
I think she looks cute! I know what you mean about the mats on the legs I thought it was Zoeys skin OMG It like happened over night it took me a long time to gently comb it out only to return the next day. Ive learned that its fuz from under causing the mats so I'm making sure I comb in lairs and get to the skin. I have stated in another trend I should save it and spin some yarn for a little hat
Old 05-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #19
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
LOL, oh yes, the legs... and between the legs... fun, fun, FUN!
Tillie is growing out nicely and is starting to get tiny matts again... it was nice (to have her short) while it lasted!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #20
morriscsps
Joe Cool!

Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Do you think they get mats and snarls on their legs because the morning dew on the grass?

Jack's legs gets completely soaked every morning. I never get to groom him until much later after he dried. Mornings with kids, dogs, cats, and hubby are crazy enough without adding trying to groom the dog.

morriscsps is offline   Reply With Quote