Problem after grooming...razor burn???? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Health Issues and Questions

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Problem after grooming...razor burn????
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Jplatthy

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Problem after grooming...razor burn????

Need some advice......my dogs got groomed (same groomer I have been using for months BUT she may have had new people..I don't know..she said she did mine herself)....anyways I always have her do a "sanitary" trim on all of them but on Sissy my female will take only a few steps and then sit down and start whining like crazy and/or scoots her butt along the floor......I have NO idea what the problem is...her um private part looks to me like it is really really RED and looks like there might be razor burn? Is that possible??? All she wants to do is lay in her bed which usually she is always on the couch or under our feet...........I can take her to the vet in the morning but I'm just wondering if it is razor burn is there anything safe to put on it to give her some relief until Sat morning at 7:30????

Thanks!
Jplatthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Yes, it could most definitely be razor burn. Kodi got shaved too much (way up past his penis) for his neuter, and had terrible razor burn. The vet did have me get something from the pharmacy (OTC) to put on it, but I can't remember what just now. If I remember, I'll post again.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
rdanielle
Renee

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Aww poor lil girl

Do you have Chris Christensen's Peace & Kindness spray? http://www.chrissystems.com/natural-...-and-cats.aspx

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/collsilver.htm

Does she lick at the area? Might try a cone or a onesie.

If you want to go the natural route ~
Coconut oil is also good for wounds and itching (internally & externally):
http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/Niu.../PetCorner.php

Aloe Vera
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/handyhints.htm

www.teodorohavanese.com
rdanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Jplatthy

I KNOW me and I will end up taking her to the vet.....I hate seeing her in so much pain...poor lil baby..I would have taken her tonight except the BF was griping about it.....he will be gone in the morning...unfortunately not permanently LOL and I will take her then so he won't even know and can't complain about it........I bet if HIS private parts had razor burn he would want it treated immediately!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
The Laughing Magpie

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 13 Posts
If you go to your vet or in the future ask for a small bottle of Neo-Predel it is a powder, you shake a small bit on. It is made up of: neomycin sulfate, isoflupfodone acetate, and tetracaine HCI, this is really great to keep on hand for any kind of skin type infection or surgery problems. I always have this in my first aid kit for the dogs.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Jplatthy

Thanks and I will ask for it.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
Jplatthy

Acted like they didn't know what I was talking about with the Neo-Predel but it wasn't my regular vet she is off for the Holiday I really like her ......but this gives the bf ammunition for future problems because the vet said there is really nothing he can do....keep her from licking it....i said well she really is acting like she is in alot of pain because she has not eaten and is not drinking and did not use the bathroom all yesterday and he finally agreed to give her something for it and told me to use the neosporin(sp?) or cortizone on it but when I try to put it on she screams so it's pretty hard to do........going to see if there is a spray..........and they put her in one of those plastic icky e collars and I'm thinking a onesie would be better but he said it wouldn't "air" out if I covered it....grrrrrrr
Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
If you got a long enough onesie, I can't imagine it would fit so snugly that it would keep the air from getting to the area; however, it may rub on it and cause even more pain? I am sorry Sissie is feeling so miserable. Hope you have told your groomer so they can pay closer attention when they shave the dogs. You can pretty much bet that if the bf had his nether regions shaved, resulting in razor burn, he would be throwing a pity party.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Jplatthy

I'm not sure.......I went out and bought the inflatable e collar and she seems to move better in that along with the spray hydrocortisone rather than the cream which required me touching her........but she won't lay down with the inflatable lol...she just sits there looking at me to help her......I think I'm gonna try the onesie and see how she acts with that on.......
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
NEO-PREDEFİ with Tetracaine Powder is indicated in the treatment of certain ear and skin conditions in dogs & cats and for minor cuts, wounds, etc. in the reduction of pain and inflammatory response.

I'm surprised the vet didn't know what it was. It is a pretty standard thing at the vets office.