Treat Review - Himalayan Dog Chew - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Treat Review - Himalayan Dog Chew
Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
toto3d

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Treat Review - Himalayan Dog Chew

Good morning everyone!

There are some good dog food review websites out there but I have yet to find equally as reputable dog TREAT review websites. Any suggestions?

Anyhow, the wife and I brought our little Chester to visit his namesake this past weekend...Chester, NJ!

It's a great little town with a main street full of charming coffee shops, local stores, antique shops, and to our surprise that weekend, a farmer's market. One of the local pet shops setup a table and sold some really interesting "natural" treats. The young lady at the table handed us an "elk" treat to give to Chester and after he figured out how to eat it, eat it he did - in about 3 seconds. The young lady said the treat was completely natural, 100% elk. Since we love anything "natural" and "organic", we bought a few to bring home along with some Himalayan Dog Chews which, of course, were "all natural" as well.

Chester LOVES both of these treats. He's not a big chewer, but he will absolutely go after these dog chews for about an hour at a time just gnawing and biting at these cheddar-like chews.

My question is - are treats that seem "natural" like these legit? Or should I stay away? Here is a link to the Himalayan Dog Chew website. It boasts some ingredients but I'm not sure if it's good or not.

http://www.himalayandogchew.com/?input=product

Unfortunately I don't remember the brand of the Elk treat, nor can I find it online. But any thoughts on these treats would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by toto3d; 09-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.
toto3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Brady's mom
Karen

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 9 Posts
I have used the Churpichews which are similar to the Himalayan dog chews (both made from Yak Milk). I can only tell you they last a while and my dogs like them. I am not familiar with the Elk treats.

**Karen, Mom to Brady, Dugan and Cassie
Brady's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
heatherk
Elissa's and Ceylon's Mom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I don't know the Elk treats but the Himalayan Dog Chews are one of Ceylon's (and one of my) favorite treats. I recommend these to anybody asking for a long-lasting, natural chew treats for their dogs...
heatherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
jessegirl
Rollie's Mom

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rollie really likes the Himalayan chews too (they do last a LONG time - I get small and medium), but sometimes he passes it up if he wants the Bully Stick. I found odorless ones on Amazon. Also, some people use antlers - naturally shed and they last forever. Rollie also like the dried sweet potato treats, but he can eat that pretty fast.

Jessica & Rollie
jessegirl is offline   Reply With Quote