Dog Modeling? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Dog Modeling?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
FancyNancy
Henry's Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Dog Modeling?

Henry and I were taped for a show for HGTV called "Selling New York". My husband and I sold our apartment in NYC and our agent is on the show so we kinda got dragged into it. Anyway, Henry stole the show! The director and cameraman keep talking about how great he was. He seemed to know he was being filmed and was as perky as perky could be! And listened to every direction like a little star. As opposed to me who will look like a blob on TV. Made me think maybe I should try getting him some modeling jobs just for fun. Anyone had any experience or know anything about this?

PS I'll let you know when the show is set to air. Have no idea when yet and I'm prepared to be totally embarrassed.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Pixiesmom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
That is soo exciting!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you on HGTV. I know nothing about dog modeling, but I absolutely love Chopper who does the travelers insurance commercials and the anti-depressant commercial.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
roxie2519

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
What episode were u on?
roxie2519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
roxie2519

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Nancy Keenan?
roxie2519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
atsilvers27

Photo Submissions 11 Times in 11 Posts
I love the one with the "Trouble" song and the poor dog losing sleep over his bone! Not sure about modeling, that seems like something for calendars, products and food. Animal actors (and models?) Need to be very easy to train (high food and play motivation) and hit their targets (stand on a certain spot, etc). I know for commercials I've heard of open calls and auditions, but no idea about how to look into that. I'm thinking maybe you'd have to contact a special animal trainer.
atsilvers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
whimsy
Evelyn

Photo Submissions 18 Times in 16 Posts
how exciting!! Yes,,,please do let us know so we can watch!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Pixiesmom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsilvers27 View Post
I love the one with the "Trouble" song and the poor dog losing sleep over his bone! Not sure about modeling, that seems like something for calendars, products and food. Animal actors (and models?) Need to be very easy to train (high food and play motivation) and hit their targets (stand on a certain spot, etc). I know for commercials I've heard of open calls and auditions, but no idea about how to look into that. I'm thinking maybe you'd have to contact a special animal trainer.
That's Chopper! He has such a wonderful expressive face.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 68 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Henry and I were taped for a show for HGTV called "Selling New York". My husband and I sold our apartment in NYC and our agent is on the show so we kinda got dragged into it. Anyway, Henry stole the show! The director and cameraman keep talking about how great he was. He seemed to know he was being filmed and was as perky as perky could be! And listened to every direction like a little star. As opposed to me who will look like a blob on TV. Made me think maybe I should try getting him some modeling jobs just for fun. Anyone had any experience or know anything about this?

PS I'll let you know when the show is set to air. Have no idea when yet and I'm prepared to be totally embarrassed.
That's so cool!!! I've watched that show! Yes, PLEASE let us know when it will air!!! Henry will be a STAR!!!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
FancyNancy
Henry's Mom

Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
I know! And Henry stood exactly on his spot every time the director pointed to it Even when we had to do it over about 5 times. I couldn't believe it. He was like a different dog. A movie star dog! I just stood there in amazement. As far as which episode, I have no idea. It hasn't aired yet. They tell me in about 2-3 months. Who knows? It was a fun experience. I'll probably need one of Chopper's anti-depressants when it does come out!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 68 Times in 68 Posts
I have a friend with Malamutes. She saw an ad somewhere that they were looking for northern breed dogs for a catalog shoot. She gave them a call, and her Brewster spent a day at a Newport (RI) mansion, just standing around and looking noble with all the male models for Khol's winter clothing ads last year. He was smattered through the catalog, online, and there were even large cardboard cut-outs of him in the stores.

I don't think she got paid a lot, but both she and Brew had a great day. Everyone loved him and they took it at his pace. (plenty of breaks for play)

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote