. - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Chica'sMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts

Last edited by Chica'sMom; 03-09-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Chica'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
ncchuck

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
None in our house. I counted 16 toy related items in the den floor just before bed time the other night. Put um away and start all over again.........and I still buy him toys. Something wrong with this picture, you think?
ncchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
hahaha,,,,Yep.. Whimsy takes them out and lines them up and only plays with her favorite 2 toys
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Luciledodd

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rosie had stopped with all the toys until the first cat came along, then after her, DH found another in the woods behind our house. He has really turned Rosie back into a puppy again. Toys are all around the house again and toilet paper (grr). Jethro is full grown now and still plays all day with Rosie until they fall asleep together. I don't bother to pick them up--too much bending over. I just push then aside so I wo't trip on them.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
marlowe'sgirl

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
I try to keep minimum number of toys available (ie just 2 stuffed toys and 2 different chew items). I rotate out the stuffed toys for novelty and keep the rest stored where my pup can't get to them. It cuts down a bit on the having a toddler in the house vibe.
marlowe'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica'sMom View Post
And we have a toy box because ...? I surely don't know why. I put them away at night. Next morning she takes them out and spreads them all over the kitchen floor. Do they all do this or are there tidy Havs?
The only "tidy" one I know of is Cicero, and that's because his Humom taught him to put toys away on cue!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe'sgirl View Post
I try to keep minimum number of toys available (ie just 2 stuffed toys and 2 different chew items). I rotate out the stuffed toys for novelty and keep the rest stored where my pup can't get to them. It cuts down a bit on the having a toddler in the house vibe.
From a tidiness standpoint, that would probably be better. But Kodi has so much FUN digging around in the toy box and pulling out just the right one. I wouldn't want to deprive him.

Honestly, at 3 1/2, he does most of his toy-pulling-out during a short period in the early evening. Typically, we've gone for a long walk and/or a training session earlier in the day, and then he naps for a long time. He has his big buzz around - play period just after "Daddy" gets home. So it's not like he's strewing things about all day. (though he did as a puppy) He does usually bring one chew item (typically a moose antler, but occasionally a bone) into my office to keep himself busy while I work.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
yup. one day I counted 16 toys/chews/blankie around the living room, spewed down the hall ... lol yet, I buying her more toys...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Beau's mom
Beau's Mom

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sooo . . . the toys aren't supposed to "live" on the floor? With my bad back, there's no way I could keep up with picking them up every day!! I "clean up" for the cleaning service right before they come -- or when I'm expecting company!!! Otherwise, I use the shuffle-step method of getting around so I don't trip over toys, balls, chewies, etc.

They're not my dogs -- I'm their person
Lorraine
Beau's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau's mom View Post
Sooo . . . the toys aren't supposed to "live" on the floor? With my bad back, there's no way I could keep up with picking them up every day!! I "clean up" for the cleaning service right before they come -- or when I'm expecting company!!! Otherwise, I use the shuffle-step method of getting around so I don't trip over toys, balls, chewies, etc.
oh my goodness, you don't have a "grabber"?? I injured my back when my son was 6 months old, had surgery when he was 17 months old. I can't LIVE without my grabbers... been using them for almost 10 yrs now! I even have one at work!
Amazon.com: Ontel Products GOPMO2 Deluxe Gopher...Amazon.com: Ontel Products GOPMO2 Deluxe Gopher...