The Havanese Breed Magazine Issue #18 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
The Havanese Breed Magazine Issue #18
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
nathanp

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Havanese Breed Magazine Issue #18

We do a mail out to the magazine’s electronic subscriber base when the latest electronic issue is released for those that subscribe to download it, then, a week later I do it again when the magazine is back from the Printers and ready to be mailed out for those of you that prefer to read it in print. And I post about it on the various Havanese related lists and boards so that all people everywhere that share our love for this breed know that the latest issue is out. In fact, with the next issue we will be entering our fourth year in publication. If you share your lives and love of the Havanese breed with us there will be many things in every single issue of the magazine that you will enjoy or learn from.

We got clobbered by a large storm yesterday dumping a foot of snow in my backyard. I expect it will affect the delivery of the magazines to me but at the latest I will be mailing out issue #18 Monday or Tuesday. For those of you that have an annual subscription, thank you and expect your magazines to start showing up next week. For those of you who have purchased a single issue in the past, this might be the right time to subscribe. It is certainly the right time to order issue #18. Meanwhile I am heading out back to shovel paths for my dogs so they can do their usual run and tag, you’re it.

We are not affiliated with any club. We cater to our subscriber base upon whom we depend and who we do our best to support. When I ask you if there is anything you would like to see covered that you have not been seeing, I mean this in all sincerity. If you ask, I will get it covered if I possibly can. Our ad rates are very reasonable and it would be fair to say our circulation is the largest of any Havanese publication in the world. And of course the magazine is available at no charge to any Havanese or All Breed Judge.

The Havanese Breed magazine, issue #18, is available now. There is lots of great stuff in this issue.

We publish The Havanese Breed magazine for everyone who shares life and love with a Havanese.

IN THIS ISSUE

* Gillian Ridgeway discusses The Real Scoop, what it really means to bring home a puppy

* Joan Weston tackles Car Sickness, another excellent educational piece

* Suzanne MacKay talks about how the smallest details can trip you up at Agility Trials

* Kathleen Coffman on How to Move Long Distances with your Pets

* Darlah Potechin on why it is not advisable to get two puppies at the same time no matter how gorgeous they might be

* Teddy Green asks you to write in and share an experience you’ve had watching your dog problem solve. The response she receives will determine if we offer this type of interactive piece in the future

* Bill Burns on Breeding for the Right Reasons, which is closely followed by a Letter to the Editor responding to Bill’s previous article taking the AKC to task.

* Steven Ng with another in his series about how to take good photos of our dogs : “So I Took Some Pictures - Now What?”

* Lyndall Fry tells us about her older dog Saki's 'opinion' on “Dawgie Etiquette”. It's a lot of fun.

* Tracy Smith contributes a delightful story about free running with her dogs and others. Tracy says “I enjoy training my dogs in dog sports, but what I love best is just allowing them to be happy well-adjusted dogs” and I couldn’t agree more.

* Lyn McLean has an update on the small Havanese population in New Zealand, including another cool graphic with her dogs featured on wine bottles

* Sue Edwards has an update from the UK on the busy, highly competitive show dog scene

* Dr. Patricia Monahan shared the second part in her series, a hard hitting look at “The Problem with Leptospirosis Vaccines.” Nine years ago we almost lost one of our pups because of the vaccine and it was the last time we used it on any of our dogs. This is an article every breeder should read, which will then help you form your own opinion.

* Susie Kalman has another funny story in the life of her Bichon and Havanese, Hugo and Milo. For me I always wait to see what he has done now

* CJ returns with the adventures of her Havanese, Jasmine, titled “I Think Hollywood is Trying to Kill Me”

* Claire Paulson on Suzanne MacKay’s must-read new book “Pawprints: The Joys of Living with a Havanese Puppy”

* Tom Wettlaufer offers some education in Puppy Dogs’ Tails

* Cristi Bhaiji shares some personal thoughts about life with her wonderful Havanese, Desi.

Sue Edwards has Wendy Allenby's spot in this issue because Wendy recently suffered a death in her family. Our thoughts and prayers are with Wendy.

The Havanese Breed magazine is devoted to the breed, and remains independent of any club. Every month we bring you great articles, information, advice, humor, and guidance on a wide variety of subjects, concerns, training, nutrition, breeding, care, shows and products from a half a dozen countries all a part of the greater Havanese community. Share in the love! Please join us now and subscribe today.

Since issue #14, The Havanese Breed magazine has also been available IN PRINT! For those of you that wish to receive a printed magazine in the mail you now have that option. Follow this link: www.havanesebreed.com/printed/ and scroll down just a bit to the SUBSCRIBE button.

Above all, enjoy the read!

IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER, click on this link to subscribe now for our electronic edition. http://www.havanesebreed.com/subscribe/ Click on this link: http://www.havanesebreed.com/printed/ to subscribe to our printed version. Or just go to our website www.havanesebreed.com and click on the appropriate link on the top menu bar. Join us on our journey. Remember, your subscription support makes The Havanese Breed magazine possible. This magazine is for all of you in the greater Havanese community. Subscribe, Advertise, Join Us.

THIS IS NOT A CLUB MAGAZINE. We are not affiliated with the Havanese Club of America http://www.havanese.org/ or the Havanese Fanciers of Canada http://www.havanesefanciers.com/ although I would like to think we have an excellent working relationship with both.

WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH Havanese Rescue in Canada http://www.havaneserescue.ca/ or the USA http://www.havaneserescue.com/ but there is nothing I wouldn’t do for them, to help with their respective missions.

Nathan Potechin
Editor and Publisher
The Havanese Breed Magazine
www.havanesebreed.com
nathanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Eddie
Long Island NY

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Hi everyone I been getting the "HAVANESE BREED MAGAZINE"for over a year now, this is a must read magazine, the stories are great, all pictures are in color, you will just love it. Give it a try you won't be sorry.

Last edited by Eddie; 02-13-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: corect letter
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
havanese, magazine, nathan