Decisions, Decisions. leaning on choosing one of these pups - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Decisions, Decisions. leaning on choosing one of these pups
Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Cajun_Mike

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Decisions, Decisions. leaning on choosing one of these pups

I thought i would wait up to a year to get another dog, but I feel it might be best for me to move sooner. I contacted the Havanese breeder where I got Tucker and she has pups on the ground that are ready to go home in a few weeks. The girls are already claimed but I wanted a boy anyways. Here are some pics and a link to a video i hope will work.

The two boys are Cannon with white paws and Harley is the golden.

Cannon

Harley

Link to video of them playing.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/886/1366506.mov

Last edited by Cajun_Mike; 02-19-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Cajun_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Laurief

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 28 Times in 20 Posts
OH my gosh Mike - they are just adorable@! So you cant handle not having 4 paws running around Which one do you think you will be getting??
Laurief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Cajun_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurief View Post
OH my gosh Mike - they are just adorable@! So you cant handle not having 4 paws running around Which one do you think you will be getting??
I cant decide. I posted the same pics and video on my facebook wall and it seems like many of the women are saying go with Harley the Golden. Some think Cannon looks too much like Tucker. I dont know what they are seeing. Tucker was a white and black parti color.

My criteria is that i want a notorious licker, smart and sh!t stirrer. Cannon sure looked like a sh!t stirrer in that video she sent. The link for that video should work now.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/886/1366506.mov

Also, if i opt to wait beyond this litter, she would have another litter with pups available sometime in August. Well, I cover college football for a living and that's when football practice starts. I dont want to be having to worry about potty training in August and September during my peak time of year.

The past few days i have found that just looking at the pups and videos has helped break some of my grief. The thought of an upcoming puppy.

Last edited by Cajun_Mike; 02-19-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
( video link isn't working for me.)...but either one of those babies are just adorable!!!!!! So darn sweet!!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Cajun_Mike

When she told me which two were available, I automatically knew that the other two must be females. What's the matter with people.. Don't they know male Havanese are more affectionate.
The Following User Nominates Cajun_Mike Great Photo:
paddythecar (08-16-2014)
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
emichel

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
I can't watch the video, either, but that could be because I am at work and the firewall is blocking it. At first you were thinking you wanted to wait a while after Tucker had passed, but it seems to me that getting a new puppy is just what you need to make you happy again. That does not take away from your love for Tucker in the least! In terms of which to choose, I love the coloring on both of them, but lean slightly toward the golden as it is so unusual. Of course temperament, and how you feel with them, is most important (aside from health, I mean), but it seems to me that you can't go wrong. I am so excited for you! :-)

Eileen and Benjamin
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
jemmax

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mike - I am sure either will be just what you need .... getting one so soon does not nor will it ever diminish how you felt for Tucker - in fact it is a testament to how you adored him that you want to offer that same amount of love to another dog.

I am sure he is looking down and he will guide you as to who he thinks will suit you best!

Good luck and post more pictures once you have made your choice.....personally I love the coloring of Cannon :-)

Jemma and Max
jemmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
MarinaGirl

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I vote for Cannon, he was the star of the video and looks like he's got a lot of energy and spunk. I also like his coloring more than Harley's.
MarinaGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
Missy

Submit Photo: 27
Photo Submissions 46 Times in 33 Posts
Someone who covers football needs a cute little puppy named Cannon! don't go by color...cause both may in fact end up pretty light. Very, very happy for you.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Miss Paige

Submit Photo: 14
Okay since they are both so cute here is my thoughts. Don't get hooked on a color- we all know our Havie's change color from time to time. Go with the most socialized baby. Since I don't know the breeder just make sure both parents have been health tested and you know the results, has she Baer tested the litter and all are okay. I have both a female & a male and see no difference in the way they give out affection. Good luck with which ever one you decide on or better yet get both-remember Havie's are like potato chips you can't have just one.
Ms Tula (for as long as she needs)

Last edited by Miss Paige; 02-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Miss Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Nominates Miss Paige Great Photo:
DeeDee (02-22-2013)