Seattle / eastside havanese? - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Seattle / eastside havanese?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
showelott

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seattle / eastside havanese?

Does anyone in Seattle or on the Eastside have a (or several) havanese and no other pets that we could visit? ( we live in Issaquah)

I'm allergic to dogs but have met a variety of havanese and have no reaction to them. We are finally ready to add a puppy to our family and I want to make sure my daughter doesn't have a reaction to the havanese.

I'd love to find a family that has one or more havanese that we could drop by and spend 30 mins or so chatting and playing with the dog

I've been researching the breed for over a year and am on the waiting list of a terrific breeder on the east coast. I don't want to tip my hand to my daughter until we know for sure that the right puppy is available and is ours. And until I make sure she isn't allergic to them ( I don't think she will be, but I certainly don't want to find out that she is after we've brought home a puppy!)

Thanks, Stacey
showelott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
lfung5
LINDA

Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
I'm on the wrong coast, but you are welcome to visit!!!

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
I know of a hav forum member that lives in Seattle, hopefully she'll check the forum soon and see your post!!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 38 Times in 38 Posts
I do know that one Zoeys litter mates was returned because the family's daughter was allergic to her. They had even come and visited and she was fine until the puppy came to live with them. You might see if you can spend more than an 30 min and maybe go as far as to have her put her nose very close to the hair?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
emichel

Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
I live in Seattle, and you'd be welcome to visit sometime, but I do have a cat.

Eileen and Benjamin
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
Murphysmom2011

Submit Photo: 0
Hi! I live in Sammamish and have Murphy. We got hime as I have allergies to dogs (and cats) and have not had a problem with Murphy at all. I can send you a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Diane and Murphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by showelott View Post
Does anyone in Seattle or on the Eastside have a (or several) havanese and no other pets that we could visit? ( we live in Issaquah)

I'm allergic to dogs but have met a variety of havanese and have no reaction to them. We are finally ready to add a puppy to our family and I want to make sure my daughter doesn't have a reaction to the havanese.

I'd love to find a family that has one or more havanese that we could drop by and spend 30 mins or so chatting and playing with the dog

I've been researching the breed for over a year and am on the waiting list of a terrific breeder on the east coast. I don't want to tip my hand to my daughter until we know for sure that the right puppy is available and is ours. And until I make sure she isn't allergic to them ( I don't think she will be, but I certainly don't want to find out that she is after we've brought home a puppy!)

Thanks, Stacey
Murphysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
RickR
Bessie & Max's Parents

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 5 Posts
I live in Redmond and have two Havanese. You are welcome to visit.

Paula
RickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
showelott

Hi everyone

Thank you all for the responses!

Yes, I'll make sure she gets all over the dogs to make sure she's okay - she's 5 so every thing she does tends to be a full contact sport!

Eileen - would love to have a play date in the future! But I'm horribly allergic to cats

Diane - ill send you a PM

Paula - ill send you a PM

Thank you again for your generous replies!
showelott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #9
MarinaGirl

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I live in Seattle and have 1 Havanese. I too have allergies and Emmie hasn't caused any problems. It sounds like you have a couple of folks to visit on the Eastside but PM me if you'd like to meet. Otherwise, we'll have to all get together for a play date once your puppy arrives. My favorite off leash dog park is Luther Burbank on Mercer Island. - Jeanne
MarinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Ewokpup

Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
I hope it all works out for you!

As a kid I was allergic to everything and had allergy shots twice a week. Recently I actually have been able to go without an antihistamine for the first time since the late 1980s! Unless I'm cleaning---dust is my downfall. And there is a chance i will break out the Zyrtec when the pollen gets worse.
Actually pollen and dust are the point of my reply. Even though I have no problem with Bama and allergies, I do have to keep up with regular bathing because her coat just seems to pick up dust---she is like a little swiffer! And with my family's Yorkie, I was fine with her but when spring hit and pollen fell from the trees, her long hair would bring the pollen inside. So my advice-always make sure to bathe regularly and use wipes in between baths to reduce the allergens a pet brings into the house. (And there's nothing like having to pull a ball or stuffed toy out from under the sofa that has been there a few days...dust bunny central!
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote