Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > RESCUE

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
HAVANESE RESCUE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Laurief

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 28 Times in 20 Posts
HAVANESE RESCUE NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

I want to present to you all the urgent needs that we presently have within Havanese Rescue

From January 2009 to present Hav Rescue has brought in 80 dogs!!! Each one has needed transportation, foster care, vet care etc!
If we do not have enough foster homes, we have to turn them away and not accept them into HRI.

FIRST : We DESPERATELY need foster families in the mid-west especially in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota!!!!
Dont be afraid to volunteer to take in a foster - it is one of the most rewarding things that you can do. I presently have my fourth HRI foster, and it is the greatest thing. Please Please Please, go to the HavaneseRescue.com website and volunteer to be a foster family!
If anyone has questions regarding this before signing up, feel free to PM me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

SECOND: We are very very low on some supplies for our foster babies. Since most of the moneys that we make goes towards the high cost of vet care, we rely upon donations of supplies to keep our fosters in leashes, harnesses, belly bands etc.
Please consider making a donation to HRI of supplies - they can be mailed to me at Laurie Frangione 33 Oxford Place Hillsborough, NJ 08844

We deperately need medium and small step in harnesses with the double D rings - 1/2" Leads and 1/2" soft 20 foot leads. Many of our Mill dogs need to be kept on long leads in order to get them, since they are so frightened of people.

Please consider helping us out in some way - it is all for the pups!!

Please be a Havanese Angel

Laurie
Laurief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
boo2352
MacGyver's Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Laurie, are the step-in harnesses sold on the rescue site ok? I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Laurief

Boo, yes the ones in the store would be fabulous. You can ask Stacy to ship them directly to me - this way you dont have to pay for shipping to me.
Thank you!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
boo2352
MacGyver's Mom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Great -- I'll do that.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Miss Paige

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
And we need foster homes in MO-along with the rest of the Midwest. And count in KY & TN as needing homes.

Laura-I will send you some harnesses-I will get them in the mail next week.

Pat
Miss Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Laurief

Pat, thanks for that information as well as the donation!!! You know better than anyone that the donations mean so much, and are so appreciated!!

SO PLEASE - ALL OF YOU IN THE STATES LISTED BY ME AND PAT - PLEASE CONSIDER FOSTERING A HAVANESE!!!! I can promise you it is very rewarding and exciting!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
marjrc
Mom to Ricky and Sammy

Submit Photo: 30
Photo Submissions 19 Times in 16 Posts
I would love to foster, but of course live way too far to be of any use. I have contacted Cdn. Hav Rescue, but the cases here are extremely rare. (I don't think there's been a single Hav in Quebec needing rescue yet) It is scary that there are so many people buying dogs, any dogs, that can't or won't continue to care for them after a while. It frustrates me to no end!!

Thank you to all who do so much to help these rescues!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” -Guillaume Apollinaire"
marjrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Laurief

FYI to all:\

Kathy has donated to Havanese Rescue 24 harnesses and 24 leads in Memory and honor of Roxy - the pup who thought she was a Havanese.

Please think about donating, in memory, in honor, of any Hav, dog or person who meant something to you and would look upon your donation as a blessing in their honor!

Laurie
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
I wish I could foster! I'll bring my donation to the playdate
Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
Miss Paige

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Even if you can't foster think about joining. There are other things you could do. We are always looking for people to Id a dog for us-or help in transporting a dog from one situation to another-might be just picking up a dog from the person surrendering it and getting it on the way to a foster home. Or if we are needing to get a dog from a "short-term" foster home to a longer term home we would need help in transporting. And there are more than the above items you could volunteer to do for HRI.

Pat (humom to)
Miss Paige
Mr Roman (HRI kid)
Ms Frannie (HRI kid)
Miss Paige is offline   Reply With Quote