Hi all. It's been a while since I posted and I apologize for coming on not to say "hi" but to ask for help. I do promise to try and be a better poster and commenter.
I need some advice. please let me preface this with the statement that I AM going to the vet, however, I wanted to get opinions first. Miss MollyRose is now three years old. I love this dog like I love my daughter. She is the sweetest, best dog I've ever had the pleasure of living with. I adopted her from a breeder when she was about 10 weeks old so I'm very familiar with her history. She was doing great up until about a month ago. And by all standards she still is doing great, however, about every three or four days she seems to have an upset tummy. To the point where she won't eat in the mornings. And it usually only happens in the mornings. So let me give a little background:
About a year ago I started feeding Molly N&D dog food. I've done research on it and so far there have been no recalls and the food seems to be very healthy for dogs. It's made in Italy with various processing plants in other regions. Molly really seems to like it so that's a good thing. I was also supplementing the dog food with high end canned food. She's a very picky eater and would eat enthusiastically then after a couple of times, decide to turn her nose up at it. So I nixed the canned food and started feeding her real human chicken, or red meat (not a lot, just a little at meal time). Fast forward to the beginning of April and we went to the vet. Molly's weight was 14.4 pounds and vet said she could stand to lose two pounds. She also had a bordatella vaccine and a Leptospirosis vaccine. The vet gave her Trazodone because Molly doesn't travel well and we were headed to Florida the next day. Everything seemed to go well however ever since then, about two times a week, Molly's tummy gets upset and she throws up. Then by the afternoon time she's back to her normal self.
She went about a week and a half without doing this so I thought things were ok but yesterday she threw up and now this morning the same. I took a look at the blood panel she had (the doc called me and said everything looked good) But now I've got more questions. I will call the vet today but was wondering if anyone knows if I should be worried about some of these results. Her Hemolysis Index is 1+ (range should be 0). And her hemoglobin is 21.5 (range should be 13.4 - 20.7).
I know I'm rambling but I'm scared and trying to figure things out. I don't always trust that the vet has all the answers and I'm dreading a $500 vet bill just to tell me "we don't know". Which is why I'm here first.
If you've read this far, thank you so much,. I will accept any thoughts and suggestions willingly. (Also, I want to add I've stopped feeding Molly any human food at all (about three weeks now) and she's back to a half a small can of dog food a day as well as her dry food)