Elissa's and Ceylon's Mom
Join Date: Feb 2011
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
OMG I can't believe I did this...
OMG. So I am not exactly the cleanest/neatest person in the world, but ever since we got Ceylon, we have tried our best to keep the living room as puppy-proof as possible (having him has actually been a great incentive for keeping things picked up lol!).
After I got home from work, we went out to run some errands, including taking Ceylon to the pet store to get him a better harness. I also wanted to find him more chewy things, and our search took us to Mud Bay where one of the things I got for him was a package of Sweet Potato Dog Chips - he'd never had them before, but I have heard good things about them. When we got home, I opened the package so that he could try one - I wanted to see how he would do with it, and also to gauge his tummy's reaction after the fact, before we gave him any more.
A while later, he was vigorously chewing on something/playing with it down on the floor by the couch - - I had long since taken the sweet potato chew away from him since I thought he had eaten more than enough, but he likes to shred papers and sticks, which we do leave out for him in limited quantities to play with along with his toys, so I wasn't too worried - but I still always check, for some reason (OK, I am a bit paranoid...) when he actually has something all the way in his mouth. I made him spit it out - and it was the little DO-NOT-EAT moisture-absorbing packet from the sweet potato chips package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, I about died - still not sure whether it was from relief, or from guilt......
I never saw it fall out of the package, and we have been SO careful about what is within Ceylon's reach! I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't noticed him with it - I mean, I know that chances are he would have eventually left it alone, and been just fine. But what if he hadn't? What if he had actually swallowed it? Jeezzeee...
Last edited by heatherk; 04-05-2011 at 06:28 AM.