Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 28 Times in 20 Posts
Although it is best to know where their food & water comes from, I would not think that a few sip from a bowl like that would cause a problem, of course that is as long as your dog doesnt have allergies. My guys get distilled water from a jug due to Lily's bladder crystals & inability to break down minerals. But if we are out, or at a friends & they get different water, it has never bothered them, as long it isnt for a long time. While we were on our 3 week vacation we bought the distilled water, but Lexi went in to town with us and drank from a bowl that was out for other dogs, and she was fine.
The other side of the coin is that you really have no control over who drinks from there, and they may have a virus, or some illness which could be passed along. You are probably best to err on the side of caution!
Lily, Lexi ,Logan, Laila & Lizzie's Mom
(Gigi, Lucas, Dugan, Madeline,Reo,Alvin, Lucky, Lukey, Punch, Colby & Ben-(we will always Love you!!)