Well, Candy has not had the best week. She recovered well from her sprained ligament a couple months ago only to tear it 5 weeks ago. She did pretty good, there is a 80-90% chance of tearing the second one after the first one is gone. She went 3 years, almost to the day. She had 2nd degree patellar luxation.
She got all excited and tore across the lawn about 2X the Run-like-hell speed, gave a yelp and that was that. Last time we got her surgery booked right away, this time we had to wait 5 weeks.
Monday, we got her shaved - I think I was more upset about this than anything. Her coat had come in so beautiful and to have it all shaved off just made me cry.
Wed we came to the Vet college for a consult. When they did her bloodwork they found that her liver enzymes were REALLY high. So, yesterday they did an ultrasound to see if they could see anything. She spent from 0730 till 6:00 pm at the hospital for this (she hates that place). AND the ultrasound didn't show anything - they think it's just because of the anti-inflammatory she's been on for the last 5 weeks.
Today she had her surgery. Tore both the cruciate ligament and her meniscus. The vet says she's doing well, but is way sucky - so much so that they had to give her something to settle her down. She has an epidural still so is not having pain. While she is quite wobbly, she's at least starting to put a bit of weight on it. With any luck we get to go home tomorrow.
The only good thing is she doesn't have any more knees
They fixed both patellas when they did the ligaments.
Sorry for the long post, just feeling a little blue.