Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Common Household Hazards
I picked up this list of common household hazards during one of my recent visits to the local Animal Emergency Hospital while my golden was being treated for xylitol ingestion (she is home now and seems to be fine). I have posted this list all over my house, made copies for my dogsitters, etc., and thought I would share it with everyone here. As my 11 year old son said when he read the list, most of these are pretty obvious hazards. But, there might be a couple that some people are not aware of....
As for us, we knew that chewing gum with xylitol was a hazard, I just apparently didn't successfully train my kids not to leave it out. I am certain none of my kids would make that mistake again after what we've been through. And, just to make sure, I plan to never buy chewing gum with xylitol again.
Mom to Scout (Havanese) and Roxy (Golden Retriever), three kids, and assorted other animals