My Dogs Mom
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlsbad, Ca
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 11 Posts
More XYLITOL information! Warning!
Just read another interesting article in our local newspaper about Xylitol. We know that it is very dangerous for our neezers but I didn't realize that xylitol is also found in our natural FRUIT!
Symptoms are vomiting, weak and wobbly appearance or extreme lethargy. A dog's blood sugar can bottom out in 30 min. and they can fall into a coma. They can go into liver failure and it is life threatening toxicity. Go to the vet immediately!
Xylitol can be found in just about anything that is advertised as sugar free. This includes candy, baked goods, energy bars, muffins, brownies, cookies, jell-o, pudding, ice-cream and toothpaste. 2 pieces of sugarless gum can be fatal for a 20lb. dog!
We need to keep in mind that it is found in our natural fruits!!
Vinny, Lulu, Gabby and Richie too!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.