Havanese Forum banner

I was unprepared...

3K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  snowangel 
#1 ·
for how these Havs would steal my heart! I always knew we'd "get a dog for the kids," someday, but, holy moley, I am so totally in love with these living teddy bears!!!
What the heck is THAT? How was I a crazy dog lady all my life and I NEVER kenw it!! LMBO!
Look at the pic with the puppies and my oldest son -- how CUTE is that?:)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Great pictures! I know exactly what you mean. If anyone would have told me 2 years ago that I would become the crazy dog lady I have I would have never believed them. I really don't even like dogs so much, just havs. Well, a few other really cute fluffy breeds too. Anyway, I think DH feels the same way. He loves to tell me that Brady is the love of his life. Humm, where does that leave me? I tell him that I understand because Brady is the love of my life too:biggrin1:.

#11 ·
Donna,
I love the pictures...thanks for sharing:) I totally agree with you...I too was taken back by my havanese dog, so much I had to get two of them:)

I have had other dogs and enjoyed them...but there is something different about the havanese dogs. They are sooo stinking cute, and then they are so smart and loving....it goes on and on.

I am now a "crazy dog lady" also....I don't care what they say.:)

#12 ·
Love the photos. From the looks of things, you're not the only one crazy in love. :)

#20 ·
Don't want to risk boring you all with repeating what everyone else said, so I'll just say that I agree!! lol It took me 2 years to convince hubby to get a dog and within 6 months, we had a second Hav! lol

Your pups are gorgeous!!!!!! Your boy is totally adorable and loving all that attention. Great pic!

#21 ·
I know exactly what you guys mean. I have alway been a large dog person (still am) and I can't believe how this little boy has stolen my heart. At least it's easier for you guys, I now have two breeds I can't live without. If only DH would agree to get another Hav. Two of each breed would be so awesome.....sigh.

#22 ·
1st Doggie

My Havanese is my first dog. I always wanted a dog growning up but my mom said no that "she is a cat person" so all my life we had cats.

My neighbour had some people coming over to visit his 6 week old havs b/c they were interested in buying one. I was there to see all 5 puppies. well, when I saw Russer I thought he was soooooo cute. I held him for about an hr. I was not going to get a puppy I was just there to play.

About 30 min later the couple that were interested in a hav came back. So my neighbour asked me and my friend to bath the pup that the people wanted and get the pup ready. So we went in and my friend started bathing the pup.

So I went over to the other 4 pups and found Russer to hold him again. I decided to bath Russer too b/c he looked like he needed one.

OMG. After I bathed Russer I was IN LOVE. I asked my neighbour if I could show the doggie to my mother. He let me take Him for a bit.

With in 5 min of my mom seeing him she was already naming him. My mother is now a "DOG PERSON". She loves my Russer so much and she enjoys seeing him run to her when she gets home. She said this dog is genuine and she can't wait to come home to see his reaction.

It was a selling point for my mother that he was so small, doesn't shed and looked like a teddy bear.

This Puppy (now he is 6 months) filled a void in everyone's life and we are thankful for him. We didn't know what we were missing till he came in to our lives.

GOD..... I love my Dog so much he is like a little person.... (ps I still love my cats)

#23 ·
Snowangel, I love your story and your moms. Welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted on little Russer

I have always been allergic --- so when we found this breed and borrowed my hav-a-niece for two weeks to make sure I was OK-- the rest was history.

Now, I knew I would be like a 12 year old with my first puppy-- but didn't expect DH to be so protective and in love. We had Jasper for a week, and DH didn't know I was watching-- and he was just staring at Jasper asleep in his pen and Jassy woke up and he said in the sweetest voice "hello sweet little Jasper" he then saw me (I think I sighed) and he said-- "I just didn't think I would think he was this cute." Now we don't have kids, so maybe I have blown this moment our proportion. But It is etched into my memory as something so incredibly poignant and so so so sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.