Havanese Forum banner

pet expo in so cal

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Leslie 
#1 ·
those living in the LA/Orange co. area, next weekend is the pet expo at the orange co fairgrounds. i went last year (ceasar was there!) and it was a fun filled day. there were lots of booths of all kinds. the so cal havanese club had a booth and held a meeting the day we were there. the dates are 4/11, 12 &13. also lots of information on the internet. i hope to see some of you there, take your visa card! judith

#9 ·
Well I had a great time... except I didn't put on sun screen! Not sure if it was the convertible drive or the sun there but boy did I learn a lesson!

Carole- it was great to meet you and I hope we can set up a play date in the future!

Karen- it was great to finally meet you and are you and Inky going to be on tv??? Also I am expecting lots o puppy pics to be shared. I also know how to get to where you live if you need help with socialization!

Leslie- I always have fun hanging out with you and luckily this time, I didn't do much damage to my pocket book! (we didn't find the right vendors!)

For everyone who is thinking about going- this is the largest of the pet expos- buildings full of breed clubs, rescue groups, vendors. We were able to see the world's tallest dog. A cat show- this are hilarious if you haven't seen one (there is a video clip of a cat being judged!) I seriously want a minature pony and I did want to take home the parti poodle in the video clip. There was a giant barn full of dogs up for adoption and I couldn't be in there long.... pretty sad.

Overall I had a great time! It was nice to meet some new faces too!

#10 ·
Amanda, thanks for the great video! I really enjoyed hanging out with you and Leslie. What a FUN day! For anyone around orange county you still have time to go today!!
Carole
xxoox

#11 ·
Oh, looks like it was fun. Boy, those are some great cats. Even my long-time cats wouldn't do so well with a stranger handling them like that (but I hear people say that about dogs that are showing too).

So, what breed is the world's tallest dog? We were just talking about this the other day on my other forum. Someone said that the current tallest is a Dane, but I've seen some Irish Wolfhounds that are definitely bigger than Danes. LOL

I may get down to the Expo next year. It seems to get some great reviews.

What did Karen & Inky do that made you think they may be on TV??

#12 ·
I had no idea how cat shows worked- but you do get to dress up your benching area really cute! But it seems weird how they dont show movement or anything to really judge them by.

The tallest dog is in there- it is the black and white great dane. Those people are standing up :) He was huge but surrounded by people so it was hard to get any pics.

When we came to the breed booth, Karen was being video taped- so I am assuming one of the news stations? Inky was up on the table so she might just become famous!

#13 ·
I had a great time, too :biggrin1:

Amanda~ Thanks for the great video. It is always so much fun hanging out w/you. And, yes, we did manage to stick to our budgets nicely, didn't we?

Carole~ It was so good to finally get to meet you face to face. I'm glad you joined us! We definitely need to plan a play date.

Karen~ It was great meeting you there, too. I second Amanda's request for lots of puppy :photo:

#14 ·
Oh bummer, I wish I'd seen this before. My sister was there, workin in a blood hound booth. She brought her foster pup, Goofy. In hopes someone would choose to love this little guy, so he'll stop eating her furniture :pound:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.