Havanese Forum banner

YUCK!!!!!

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Leslie 
#1 ·
Yesterday, I cleaned everything in my house... no reason, just got the urge...I washed the boys, washed all the linens, washed the boys bedding, the cleaners cleaned the floors and the bathrooms. I Purposely cleaned the boys, so my DH wouldn't have to deal with it as he has been working a million hours. So this morning I am running around doing errands, feeling like I can take on the world because I have a really clean house and most importantly my furkids smell like pantene... Well while I was gone (no more than 15 minutes) my new "DOG" Jasper, remember he is feeling so much better and actually acting like, ummm, a dog, decides to roll in S#&T!!! not just rabbit poo, not just a scent, but full fledged, as in his whole neck, back and chest covered in brown stuff... I walked in and smelled it first... DH did not look happy at all, as he knew I had to run out to an appointment... So, poor DH had give Jasper an immediate bath and mop the floors... As I've said before "Man plans and God Laughs" I don't know what creature left this S#&T in my yard. I doubt Jasper would roll in his own or Cash's...?

Oh well, I wanted him to act more like a dog... for once my little Cashy was the innocent one.

#6 ·
Why do dogs rolling in stuff? Tika will occasionally roll in the grass and on the sidewalk. when I went to investigate, Guess what it is she rolls in..... dead dried worms? Ewwww, whats the attraction?
It's to mask their own smell. It comes way back from hunting days. Now I think they just like to! ;)

Missy, that is SO gross! I guess that's the one good thing about living in NYC... Kubrick is always on leash and doesn't get the chance to roll around on gross stuff, LOL.

#4 ·
Missy---When you feel that energy coming on again---can you come to my house? It could use a good cleaning! Please????:kiss:

I'm glad Jasper is acting more perky and frisky,but um....that was probably not the dog part you were looking for.:puke:

Be thankful Michael gave Jasper a bath--my husband would of just made him stay outside till I returned home.

#10 ·
Be thankful Michael gave Jasper a bath--my husband would of just made him stay outside till I returned home.
Oh, Missy, I would have been hopping mad! :frusty: I'm glad Jasper is feeling good, but I'm sure it's better when he smells good too!!

Julie, I had to laugh at what you wrote - I think everyone in my house thinks "mom" is the only one who can deal with any poo emergencies or poo-related cleanup. If Scout drops a dingle on the carpet on his way in, everyone will tell me about it. Is it that hard to get a kleenex and pick it up? Apparently it is....:suspicious:

#7 ·
EEWWW....but I can sympathize because I have BTDT!!! It stinks so bad you just want to :faint: In fact, just today Summer (Houdini) found a way out from our fenced back yard and the next door neighbor lured her back home with a treat. And lo and behold she had crap hanging off the side of her face :eek: so I had the pleasure (yeah, right) of cleaning that off. I don't know where it came from or whose it was , but I do know that she has rolled around in the yard a time or two and rolled right in a fresh dump...YUK!!!!

#8 ·
Hi Missy..I think they like the "stinky" smell so much that they use it as perfume on themselves to get ride of the "Pantene" !!! My pups after they are bathed immediatly go into the gargage and roll and scoot all over the floor..nice mopping boys!! I know pups like stinky stuff and that is what the trainer says to bring to class for treats..stinkier the better!! Trish

#9 ·
Oh Missy!!!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you, hon!! How gross! :suspicious: Your poor, poor hubby..... and you doing all that work.

Congrats to Jasper on being more dog-like though! Gotta love that!!! :pound: :biggrin1:

#14 ·
Cicero has never yet...and better not...roll around in poop. DH is great to help me with anything -- but during the 45 years of always having a dog...he would yell "Dale" if there was an accident. The first time Cicero pooped in a corner I was outside and when I came in DH told me about it. I said, "it's our fault and I will get it up." He said, I've already cleaned it up. :whoo: I could hardly talk the rest of the day...talk about being in shock!!

#16 ·
Jane, you could let him pick out his own little Hav and watch the change. :) It took me several years to figure out that "I" couldn't change a thing about my DH -- and yes, women always seem to get the crappy jobs. Now Cicero has turned him into mush that will pick up his poop...bath and blowdry if he gets really dirty...wash is face after eating wet foods. Now I'm wondering...should I be mad that Cicero has done what I have been trying to do for 45 years? :pound:

#17 ·
HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

:frusty: I am so confused, on one hand I love my new Jasper, who today did about 50 RLH laps in the yard all by himself-- Cash just watched... and then he rolled again in this slimy smelly poop. I am sure it isn't one of my boys...too big and the wrong texture... and it was fresh and I had just come home and let them out. Well I saw him this time, so it just got on one side of his neck before I deterred him...So immediately in the sink he went. HELP! how do you stop this behavior? it is so instinctual, he doesn't even hear me when he is doing it.

#20 ·
Missy, it sounds like your calm, clean, good mannered Jasper has turned into a RLH stinking little Havanese. I can hear my mother's voice..."Be careful what you wish for...you just may get it." :) Now I think you are going to have to track down the critter that is leaving poop in your yard and find a way to get rid of it. My pom use to roll in dead frogs we dumped out of the pool skimmers - smelled so bad it would make me sick to wash her. We had to make sure we dumped where she couldn't get to them. What makes them like yucky stuff??

#21 · (Edited)
do not ask me why but they do have those days every now and again .. I had a cocker spaniel who loved to doo doo roll . I was always the one who had to bathe him too every one else would pretend they could not smell it .. Hello !!
You you are lucky - no way would my husband shampoo the dogs - he would just crate them and wait until Mommy came home .. dishes he will do but doggies - Nope !!

#24 ·
Missy, I know the stinky part totally sucks, but I am just soooooo happy to read that Jasper is doing the RLH's! Way to go, Jas!!!! :whoo: I'd have tears in my eyes. But then, of course, I'd be grumbling at having to bathe him YET AGAIN!! LOL

#26 ·
Missy, I feel for you here.

I was on my way home from work the other day and talking to my DH on the phone. He tells me Brady rolled in a dead frog with maggots on it. I asked if he bathed him. Of course not. He tells me he sprayed him with the Avocodo Mist spray. I told him that is conditioner and not shampoo. He said he didn't smell and rushed me off the phone. Needless to say, I came home and smelled him from a distance. He stunk! Not only that, but considering what he rolled in, he needed a bath regardless! I took him immediately to the tub. My DH was kind enough to tell me he would show me where the frog was so I could keep Brady away and not let him roll in it again. I explained to him that wasn't necessary since he was going to go and clean it up!!!!:brick: Uuggggg. Anyway, Brady is now nice and clean and smelling pretty.

#27 ·
Awww, Missy, it's bittersweet, isn't it? You've got a wonderfully happy Jas who stinks to high heaven!

Tori isn't much of a "stinky roller" but, if there's any cat poop in the yard we didn't find and remove, guess who's havin' a "snack" :puke::brushteeth:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.