Havanese Forum banner

The things they do right!

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  LuvCicero 
#1 · (Edited)
I know I seem to post only when there is a problem...or something spectacular
But I thought I would salute Jasper and Cash on the things they do every day that make me very proud.

1. about a month ago they earned free reign of the house when we are not home... no accidents, no chewing, no new claw marks on the door.

2. both my boys are house trained. They have the option to go in their potty room-- but they prefer to hold it to go outside

3. They eat two meals a day (crossing paws, this has not always been the case)

4. they usually sleep through the night until WE wake up- on weekends sometimes til 9am

5. they put smiles on our face when they greet us.

6. they do well in the car, at the vet, and the groomer...with the exception of nail clipping for Jasper

7. they love everyone who comes into the house after an initial alarm to let us know someone is here (they have become our door bell since ours is broken)

8. they usually only beg with their eyes...

9. they do not mind being left alone. and although we love it when they are more velcro... they are pretty independent even when we are home

10. When the day has sucked they make us remember to smile anyway.

I may come back and add to this as I think of more...But I want to hear from you...What do your pups do right?

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh Missy, DH and I were just talking about this...it seems like right now Seamus does EVERY THING:angel: right and Finnegan...well lets just say he gives us our biggest laughs :pound: . He is our "Taz" by day, then our "cuddle bug" when he sleeps

#3 ·
Just a few of the things Tucker does right:

He warms my heart and gives me a reason to be excited to come home.
He has been housetrained and allowed to run free in the house for hours, since he was around a year old.
He's beautiful to look at, and lifts up my heart because of his looks and cuddle-ability. (New Hav. adjective!)
He encourages others that may need a boost when they come over.
He makes me laugh at times.
He is always ready to listen to me when I need or want to talk.
He's my study buddy.
He lets me sleep in the morning until I have to get up, whether it is 5 am or 8 am.
Even though he doesn't like to be brushed, he lays obediently while I groom him every day.

I love my Tucker so much!

Hmmm, I'm sure I'll think of more after I close this...

#4 ·
He does lots of good stuff!

*hasn't had an accident in quite a long time. (If he does now Missy, I'm coming after you!)
*jumps around because he's so happy to see me, when I've only been gone 5 minutes!
*makes us all laugh and smile every day.
*makes me feel loved every day. (DH is good at that too! :biggrin1:)
*gives me kisses even if I haven't yet brushed my teeth. (DH, not so much!)
*is just happy to be here. I think I could learn a lot from him.

#5 ·
OK you girls need to teach me how to get them to sleep in... I have not slept in 3 years.

I love everything these boys have brought to my life.
I love how happy I am when I come home from work because of them.
I love Riley's bear hugs and kisses.
I love Monte's obsession with his blue ball.
I love how eager Riley is to learn new things.
I love how Monte can not snuggle close enough and will push himself against me to get closer.

I will probably have to come back and add also.

#6 ·
I love the bundle of pure joy when I come in the door.
I love the ear kisses I get when sitting on the sofa.
I love the fact that he's (finally)potty-trained, and asks to go outside when he needs to.
I love that he runs to his crate when I say "Bedtime!"
I love that he sleeps on daddy's feet (DH) on the recliner together.
I love that he's not a picky eater, and doesn't overeat dispite being free-fed.
I love that he is to total "Mama's Boy"
I love that he'll dance for treats.
I love that Brody has brought so much love to the lives of 2people who've just faced down cancer, a sick grandson, and all of the other trivial trials of life. . .

#7 ·
i love so many things...

they are always happy to see me, even if I go out to take the trash...and I'm only gone 30 seconds...they act like I've been gone all day!

they are always in a good mood.

they love to dance and do silly tricks.

they love all my friends, and all my daughter's friends.

they don't chew up things in the house.

they are pretty much housetrained. Riki is completely.

they are pretty and soft.

they are fast, fast, fast.

they hold still even though they don't enjoy grooming.

they give lots of tiny lickies instead of slobbers.

they don't shed.

they smell sweet.

they are tiny and easy to carry or walk on a leash.

they keep me warm at night.

they always warm my heart.

they calm me when I'm nervous, and kiss me when I'm sad, they dance when I'm joyful, and they make me laugh at least 10 times a day or more!

#9 ·
>always tries to communicate her needs and knows we will try to figure which one it is (food, water, outside, play with me, get something under the couch for me....;))

>has graduated to full access of the first floor while we are gone during the day!

>she is my wake up call after Tom takes her out in the morning, she hustles back upstairs, jumps on the bed and gives me "wake-up mom!" kisses

>adjusts her approach with each dog she meets depending on their energy level, it's amazing!

>is gentle with babies but tries to get older kids to play chase

>loves her grandmas, grandpas and great-grandma and always shows them love (I think she would make a great therapy dog)

>is my fail-safe source of unconditional love!

#11 ·
They love to play and are not too little , delicate or reserved to roll around on the floor with my two legged children.
They are okay with the fact that you don't want to go out for a walk when it is -25 outside!
They love all people and animals. Tugger plays with all types of dogs at the dog park without disagreement but has no trouble turning around and rolling around with the boy's pet rats without hurting them.

#13 ·
I love how he has turned DH into a 'crazy dog man' for the first time in his life!
I love how he healed a broken heart over losing my Pom...and dried my tears.
I love that he just can't give away enough kisses.
I love that I have never seen him be an 'ill mean dog', never!
I love watching him play so hard with my grandsons...then snuggle so sweetly with them.
I love that he enjoys his crate and never wants out till we say it's time.
I love that he has never chewed anything...never torn up a toy.
I love that he rings his bell to go outside...and learned so quickly.
I love that he barks once to let me know to fill his water bowl.
I love to watch him fly through the air.
I love to see him pound on his toys like a mountain goat.
I love watching his nose twitch on walks taking in all the new smells.
I love that he uses my foot for his pillow.
I really love that he loves his grooming and nail clipping.
I love that we both enjoy brushing time.
I love that he enjoys learning new tricks.
I love that he has taught me not to waste money on kibble. :)
I love that he is never shy and loves everyone.
I love that he 'expects' his topknot to be fixed.
I love that he doesn't smell like an 'old wet dog'.
I love how he runs to his crate when he hears his special treat lid pop.
I love that he likes to have his picture taken.
I love that people stop by "just to see Cicero".
I love that he is the smartest dog I've ever owned.
I love that he has made our home happier.
I love that he gets excited when he hears "car-car"
I love feeling blessed each night that he runs into his crate...for him finding us and making us so happy.
I love now that he greets people with such excitement....because it makes them feel welcome and loved by a neezer.
I love that I never say "I wish he didn't do that."

I guess no dog is perfect.....but to us Cicero is perfect. He is pure joy in our home!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.