Havanese Forum banner

Do I need this paw cleaning thing? Also shampoo question

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Petaluna 
#1 ·
http://www.showdogstore.com/oster-pawmonster5in1pawcleaningtooldevoursmuddirtandgrimeinstantly.aspx

I was getting ready to order some coat handler shampoo and conditioner and saw that.

Wondering if anyone has one, and if it works better than a towel... looks sort of handy, I know microfiber is supposed to be a good dirt cleaner, but I'm a sucker for widgets and they don't always deliver.

And as a side note, Kimberly recommended the Coat Handler products. Do any of you use them, and what do you use if not? I'd prefer something low fragrance.

#2 ·
I use the Pure Paws Reconstructive shampoo and the Coat Handler's conditioner that Kimberly recommended. I love them both. I'm not sure about the paw cleaner. It may cause mats if you use it for her underbelly (if you decide to keep her in a full coat). It looks kind of big to me, a towel works well for us. Also, as recemmended by another forum member, warm the towel in the microwave when it's snowing, it really helps with the snow balls that get stuck on their paws and underbelly.

#6 · (Edited)
http://[B]www.showdogstore.com/oste...gtooldevoursmuddirtandgrimeinstantly.aspx[/B]

I was getting ready to order some coat handler shampoo and conditioner and saw that.

Wondering if anyone has one, and if it works better than a towel... looks sort of handy, I know microfiber is supposed to be a good dirt cleaner, but I'm a sucker for widgets and they don't always deliver.

And as a side note, Kimberly recommended the Coat Handler products. Do any of you use them, and what do you use if not? I'd prefer something low fragrance.
Pet Smart had the paw cleaners on clearence for $5.99 the other day, It may work great, I just didn't think it would do much better than a small towel on small feet.

#10 ·
I'm a Pure Paws Reconstructive Shampoo loyal. :) I use a couple of other shampoos depending on the situation and coat of the dog, but Pure Paws is my standby. I always have a gallon or two around here. (Unlike Jane, I prefer their older bubble gum scent. The newer scent is a floral.)

#14 ·
I use Isle Of Dogs shampoo, detangler and conditioner and am happy with the results. However, I also want to try PlumSilky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.