Rocky, Oreo's daddy
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
^^ Try what sb2003 said.
- Go to the Windows 8 Desktop.
- Click on Explorer in the bottom left.
- Under Computer, click on the C: drive.
- Click on Program Files and browse to the directory of the program that is causing problems. If you cannot find the program, click on the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Search for the program name in the list (identified by the icon and the type Application).
- Right-click on the program name and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab in the <program name> Properties window.
- You can now click on Run compatibility troubleshooter to let Windows 8 look for what the problem could be.
- If you already know that the program is very old, but runs OK under Windows 95 for example, in the Compatibility tab, select the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the Windows 95 option from the drop-down menu.
- If necessary, also adjust the color mode and screen resolution under Settings. This is only necessary for very old programs.
- Finally, click on OK.