South Carolina is flooded and I'm obviously bored - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Coffee Shop A good place for chit-chat

 4Likes
  • 1 Post By krandall
  • 1 Post By krandall
  • 1 Post By Karen Collins
  • 1 Post By krandall
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
South Carolina is flooded and I'm obviously bored

Here's a nice photo of Dottie our retired Tibetan Terrier. She's still lovely at almost 11. It's funny.....whenever people see her with my Havs, they ask if she's their mother. Even my dad who knows better, calls Dottie Dance's mother. I guess cuz she acts like it.

I wonder if anyone else has an older motherly dog at home tending to the others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6732.jpg (95.8 KB, 6 views)


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com










Last edited by Karen Collins; 10-05-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Karen Collins is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,323
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 294 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Collins View Post
Here's a nice photo of Dottie our retired Tibetan Terrier. She's still lovely at almost 11. It's funny.....whenever people see her with my Havs, they ask if she's their mother. Even my dad who knows better, calls Dottie Dance's mother. I guess cuz she acts like it.

I wonder if anyone else has an older motherly dog at home tending to the others.
Not an "old mother", but we call Kodi the "curmudgeonly uncle"... even though he and Pixel are actually half sibs! (or more correctly, "by the same sire" )
Karen Collins likes this.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Kodi sounds like Sonic, my sister-in-law's Havanese. He is a full sibling to Kodi and looks very much like him. He isn't so sure about all the puppy shenanigans when we go visit. In fact, he's rather fond of "Aunt Karen" and would prefer I leave Blossom at home and only pay attention to him.

I'm sure Kodi and Pixel will be BFFs once she's out of the annoying little sister stage.


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com









Karen Collins is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,323
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 294 Times in 292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Collins View Post
Kodi sounds like Sonic, my sister-in-law's Havanese. He is a full sibling to Kodi and looks very much like him. He isn't so sure about all the puppy shenanigans when we go visit. In fact, he's rather fond of "Aunt Karen" and would prefer I leave Blossom at home and only pay attention to him.

I'm sure Kodi and Pixel will be BFFs once she's out of the annoying little sister stage.
Ha! They ARE getting along better. I often find them curled up together now, though she's the one who goes to him, not the other way around!

I didn't realize that Sonic's mom was your SIL!!! So I guess that makes you Kodi's and Pixel's "Auntie Karen" too!
Karen Collins likes this.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karen Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williston, SC
Posts: 544
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Ha! They ARE getting along better. I often find them curled up together now, though she's the one who goes to him, not the other way around!

I didn't realize that Sonic's mom was your SIL!!! So I guess that makes you Kodi's and Pixel's "Auntie Karen" too!
Yes, Nancy is my SIL and also my dearest friend! Tell Kodi that his "Aunt Karen" would love to meet him someday!
krandall likes this.


Karen Collins ~ Heartsong Havanese

http://heartsonghavanese.com









Karen Collins is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23,323
Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 294 Times in 292 Posts
Us too, Karen!
Karen Collins likes this.


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment CGC, NTD, BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RLV, RL1X3, RL2X4, RL3X3...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash RN, CGC, NTD, SN-C, RL1)






krandall is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome