Havanese Forum banner

Thanksgiving menu/recipe

636 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  murphymoesmamma 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have been cooking for Thanksgiving day for a long time now and I always have the same menu. I was wondering what everyone else makes. I can't delete any of my family favorites but there is always room for a new dish or two. I hosted dinner for 14 last evening and one of my friends bought a divinely yummy pumpkin dessert. The very easy recipe follows:

One 15 oz can of pumpkin pie filling
One 12 oz can of evaporated milk
One cup of granulated sugar
Three eggs
Two teaspoons of cinnamon
Mix these ingredients well and pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
Sprinkle one box of yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
Sprinkle one cup of chopped pecans over the cake mix. You could subsitute walnuts or even almonds for the pecans.
Finally drizzle one stick of melted butter over top of the pecan & cake mix. Bake this for 50 to 55 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

My Thanksgiving Day menu is: Turkey, stuffing balls (my family doesn't like stuffing in the bird), gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, homemade whole cranberry sauce, Kope's corn, and green bean casserole. For dessert there is pumpkin and apple pie. This year I will be adding Beth's pumpkin pecan squares as well. I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving Day and I am thankful for my friends on the forum!

See less See more
#3 ·
Have you got room for three more. ? I wouldn't mind celebrating Thanksgiving again. lol

#4 ·
Everyone wants the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at our house also. This year DD is making twice baked potatoes instead of mashed and we're having green beans instead of broccoli casserole. The dessert menu has changed also, pumpkin whoopie pies and cookies instead of pumpkin, apple, & chocolate silk pie. The DH's were not consulted on the changes since they don't contribute to the fixing.

#7 ·
Oh Michelle I love chocolate pudding pie, my grandmother used to make it for us.
Dave I would love to have you come for Thanksgiving, as I said the more the merrier.
Rita twice baked potatoes are so yummy but I dhave never made them.
Sally I love the idea of a cookie crust and yes the dessert is to die for.
Sharlene pumpkin whoopie pies are very good!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.