Havanese Forum banner

Dentastix

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  judith 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried pedigrees new "dentastix? They have been advertised for daily oral care.

#3 ·
I never tried them but I loved their commercial.

#9 ·
Sylvia, I'm not sure why others do it, but I limit my pups' intake of all chews because they are filled with calories! In fact, most chews have so many calories that they can close to (or overly) replace a whole meal. I'm sure that some people limit these types of treats because it gives their pups an upset stomach to eat too much of them, but the reason they get those upset tummies *is* because there are so many calories jampacked in those treats.

#12 ·
You're all so lucky that you have to limit treats for your Hava's. It seems almost impossible for me to find some treats that Fedja would like! I tried DentaStix too, but he just looked at me like "are you crazy, i won't chew on that silly thing" lol. If there is one thing that i don't like about Havaneses it must be the fact that they are such a picky eaters:frusty:.
Sometimes i get him some new stuff (only sometimes bc i have lost hoop to ever find out what he would really like), at first it looks like he likes it, only to refuse to eat that same thing next day :confused:.
Have to say that he is 2 and half years old, before you all accuse me of being fast quiter lol, so i did take the time.:faint:
But hey, forget about me, enjoy your Dentastixs you lucky thing grrrrrrr :biggrin1:.

#14 ·
I just think too much of anything isn't really a good thing. I try to vary what the dogs have and don't want to give them the same things every day. We have a treat shelf where I keep all of the open bags and I choose from that shelf almost every day. Of course they know what's up there and all sit at my feet waiting to see what they'll get!
:)

#15 ·
My group loves the Bil-Jac liver treats and the Nutro crunchy apple treats. They smell incredible.

#17 ·
We haven't tried DentaStix, but like Fedja (BTW~ :welcome:) Tori isn't too keen on many treats/chews. I buy her the twisted flossies and they last her for months. She mainly only chews them when I'm busy w/students and she's finally given up on trying to get our attention :attention: :biggrin1:

#19 ·
i tried the dentastix, it took coco 2 minutes and it was gone, not enough time to remove 80% of the tartar which was my reason for buying them. there are many ingredients listed with wheat starch??? being the second. with all the other good items available i won't buy them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.