Havanese Forum banner

My Wisconsin boy is here!!!

11K views 103 replies 43 participants last post by  Laurief 
#1 ·
After flying to Wisconsin and back yesterday I was exhausted, but so excited that I could barely sleep! I picked up my newest little HRI foster yesterday. His name is Colby (for the cheese state that I got him from - LOL).
He is from a puppy mill, 4 months old, and just a bundle of energy and love. So unlike my Madeline last year, he seems to be more comfortable with people, and LOVES other dogs.
Poor baby has tapeworm and Giardia, which is not uncommon for Mill dogs! He is a joy to me and Gabe!
It is very difficult to see how truly beautiful he is (as Leslie knows) it is almost impossible to get a good shot of a black dog. He has the most beautiful eyes, and I think I will trim around them so we can really see how cute he is. I am in love!

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Aw Laurie, he has the face of an angel. Can't wait to hear more about him.

#13 ·
Laurie can't fail fostering. HRI needs her too much as she's such an angel! :) Colby is a cutie pie and looks like Ricky did at that age, with the tiny white goatee. I'm glad to hear you got him so young as he'll adapt to a healthier environment in no time. Was it a puppy mill seizure, or was someone able to get him out of one?

#19 ·
Laurie's workin' her "magic" again :) What a lucky ducky he is to have landed in your home.

Colby is adorable! You did a great job capturing his sweet face those. How many tries did it take? ;)

That last shot of him under the hostas reminds me of Tori under my hydrangea when she ran and hid from the bubbles :fear:

#20 ·
A lot of tries Leslie - LOL but today I trimmed around his eyes a little, and tried again - here are a few from today.

Attachments

#24 ·
His coat is really nice Leslie, but he is only 4 months old. When he starts blowing coat I am not sure how it will be :)

Nan - he is doing fabulous!! Not a single potty in the house today yet! He is eating wonderfully, and had a nice visit with my Mom and Niece. We left him for the first time today for about 1 1/2 hours - and he did great, except walking thru the water dish - LOL
He has even learned to drink from the water bottle that my guys drink from. He is a very smart little boy!!

I think I will be taking him to National with us this year! He deserves to walk in the Rescue Parade for sure!!!

#28 ·
His coat is really nice Leslie, but he is only 4 months old. When he starts blowing coat I am not sure how it will be :)

Nan - he is doing fabulous!! Not a single potty in the house today yet! He is eating wonderfully, and had a nice visit with my Mom and Niece. We left him for the first time today for about 1 1/2 hours - and he did great, except walking thru the water dish - LOL
He has even learned to drink from the water bottle that my guys drink from. He is a very smart little boy!!

I think I will be taking him to National with us this year! He deserves to walk in the Rescue Parade for sure!!!
:clap2:
PS-maybe by then I can get a photo of (Oliver's litter mate) Tucker.................
Colby and Tucker could be twins

#26 ·
It does sound like he's a smart boy - not to mention adorable! You got some really great photos! We've had two black poodles and one black peek-a-poo over the many years of our marriage so you can see that I am partial to black and I also know the frustration of trying to get a good picture that isn't just a black blob.....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.