Havanese Forum banner

How do I love thee?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  MaggieMay 
#1 ·
Yesterday was Valentine's day and it was also my birthday :) Unfortunately I had to work and I come home late on Mondays but nonetheless, I felt such tremendous gratitude for all of my blessings. And hubby reminded me of how much I am loved and rattled off a list of all of the people who love and cherish me and I felt my heart just swell. The past month has been hard for lots of reasons, including my dad being sick with a pending surgery coming up and a few scary ER visits on his part. Hubby's words were so eloquent and really touched my heart.

I then began to think of my little peanut, Dionna and how much I love her. With all of my heart. Unconditionally. Full force. She is such an angel. She could not have been better scripted. I began to mentally list all of the wonderful things about her, how she makes me laugh, how she comforts me, how she amazes me, heck even worries me at times. This little havanese is just such an amazing little dog.

I know I am preaching to the converted here LOL but I still wanted to share.

andra :)

#3 ·
happy birthday! lovely thoughts. How about if we turn this thread into a "how do I love thee" for all our fur babies, either from their point of view, or ours.

I hope your father is on the road to recovery in the near future.

#6 ·
Dionna, I love:

*how you view the whole world as your play box.
*when you run around and around at times, making grunting noises (puppy madness even though you are now one).
*how you have wiggled your way into the hearts of my mom and dad, both of whom have never had a dog before.
*how you seem to know the names of all of your toys.
*when you get that sneaky look on your face and search my face out to see if you are going to be discovered prior to getting into mischief.
*how you seemed to know that my niece and nephew were afraid of you at first and you did the commando crawl to approach them and then patiently stayed on your back while they petted you.
*how you have tried to take mommy's gund bunny every evening and when successful, you throw it around and paw it until it is squashed up.
*how you love to sit in my lap giving me kisses.
*how you love to sit over the couch back, looking out the living room window, watching life go by.

andra

#8 ·
Dionna, I love:

*how you view the whole world as your play box.
*when you run around and around at times, making grunting noises (puppy madness even though you are now one).
*how you have wiggled your way into the hearts of my mom and dad, both of whom have never had a dog before.
*how you seem to know the names of all of your toys.
*when you get that sneaky look on your face and search my face out to see if you are going to be discovered prior to getting into mischief.
*how you seemed to know that my niece and nephew were afraid of you at first and you did the commando crawl to approach them and then patiently stayed on your back while they petted you.
*how you have tried to take mommy's gund bunny every evening and when successful, you throw it around and paw it until it is squashed up.
*how you love to sit in my lap giving me kisses.
*how you love to sit over the couch back, looking out the living room window, watching life go by.

andra
how wonderful!
and happy birthday!

#7 ·
Your little dog is very fortunate to have your unconditional love Andra. I know of two little dogs (NOT HAVS) who need loving homes so badly, it breaks my heart that I can do so little to help them. One is with an owner who has too many, the other is with an owner who has dogs who do not like her new breed/addition. Both dogs spend most of their time in crates and at 3 and 5 years of age need forever loving homes. So it was wonderful to read your affirmation today..I wish every little dog had a lap like yours! Smiles,

#9 ·
Okay, here's mine for Milo.

How do I love thee:

• I love your gentle spirit and the way you love to snuggle in right next to me at bedtime

I love the love in your eyes as you stand on tippy toe to reach my face as you bathe it in love

I love the sweetness in your heart as you look at me and know that I will take care of you no matter how I'm feeling

I love your acceptance of all the other living things that populate your world and make us a family

I love that you finally stopped travelling the neighborhood in search of adventure

And most of all, I love you just because.

#11 ·
I sometimes think of getting another hav. but I then realize that my ollie pop just fills my heart, and I love him so much, I can't imagine another little pup coming close... and that wouldn't be fair to the new pup.

I tell my pup, he would be the perfect guy if he was human, he's handsome, funny, smart, confident, good listener, empathetic, knows my moods and when I don't feel well. and above, he's a super happy pup. really he never has a bad day, and never holds a grudge, dog or human.

love my pop to pieces.

#12 ·
This one's for Bailey.

How do I love thee . . .

• I love that you were a total surprise when you arrived on my doorstop
  • I love the confidence that allowed you to join the pack with no fear
  • I love the look of adoration in your eyes every time you look at me
  • I love that you always sat at the back door and whimpered, anxious to tell me your story when Milo took off on another adventure
  • I love you more than I ever thought I could have
  • and I love that you're the best kind of mama's boy.

#15 ·
Sir Winston:
I love the inspiration you are making me go for our walks, because your eyes tell me you want to go.
I love the way you let me dress you up even for St. Pat's Day!!
I love the way you tolerate everything except the bath!
I love hearing your low growl knowing when I look around you are talking to your toys!
I love how you want to protect me from the nightime critters who come to claim the bird and squirrel food on the deck.
I love how you follow me wherever I go and wait for me to move on to the next room, except when the water runs in the tub, then you hide far back in your open crate.
I love how you look at me and bark when the cat claims your bed.
I love the expression on your face if the cat dares to go into your crate.
I love how you let me scratch your belly.
I love how excited you are to see me when I come home.
I know I am going to love it when you learn to give kisses...LOL
Best of all I love how you let me know just who rescued whom...:biggrin1:

#16 ·
Okay, here's Ruby.

How do I love thee?

• I love your spunk, from the moment we finally got to see you at the airport
  • I love your nerve, even though it almost cost me my sanity when you were barely old enough to know that Milo's adventures were not also meant for you.
  • I love your mind, and the way you think, even though you're too smart for any one puppy
  • I love your soul, which is sweet and loving, even when mama is shouting from the rooftops "oh, no!"
  • I love that you're a mush and if I let you, you'd spend most of your waking hours curled up in my lap, on my chest or resting on my head.
  • I love you even more than all the things you've destroyed so far in your very short life
  • I love that you have the boys wrapped neatly around your little paw
  • I love your heart . . . big as all outdoors, courageous beyond wisdom, and loving beyond comprehension

So, little girl, you continue to surprise me, still have me shaking my head and manage to keep me on my toes, and for all this, I love you with all my heart.

#17 ·
Aw, Flynn . . . love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.