Havanese Forum banner

Kate and William.

4K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Kathie 
#1 ·
:pop2::canada:Well I must say , although I'm not a Royal Family follower, I can't help but get caught up in the big wedding tomorrow. This is the Superbowl for women. Can't believe how much people are getting excited about this. It is good news for a change, I must say that. So who's getting up at 4am to 6am to watch this stuff. I'm getting Gwen up at 6 am. here. All kinds of people around here are throwing parties. Will be watching Pierce Morgan on CNN ,should be a hoot.

#3 ·
Linda, you mean you're not watching live? Take the boys for a walkie at 330 am and you'll be back to watch live at 4 am :pound:

#6 ·
Evelyn, I too remember getting up with my daughter to watch Charles and Di. Wow, that seems like so long ago. My daughter is not getting up with her daughter, too bad.

My friends are having a girl party they sent out invites shaped like tickets very cute. They are 40 miles away and the weather is just too bad for me to join. Just don't want to risk it. I would have went early today but, been under a tornado warning until 9pm.

#8 ·
I watched Charles and Diana get married. It was the summer of my HS graduation. We had a party at work and watched Andrew and Sarah get married. That was lots of fun. I think I will have to DVR this one. I just don't do well with little sleep anymore!!

#9 ·
I was a junior when Chuck and Di got married. I don't remember having to get up early to see it, but I remember watching it, so I must have??? I'm with Linda this time...I set up the DVR. I'll watch it tomorrow after Regis. But if someone was throwing a party, I might get up early for that...How fun...but entirely too ambitious for me to do! HaHaHaHa!!!

#10 ·
Hey Stacey, PARTY here 6am EST , come on up.

#12 ·
Yeah unfortunately my private jet is booked for the week. :pound::plane:

#14 ·
yeah Linda, that's what Gwen is threatening to do. Stay up. I get up at a little after 6am but she wants to watch from 4am. and doesn't want to miss anything. Like there won't be recaps all weekend looooooong ,or something.

#18 ·
Hello friends across the pond!! Well we all have a day off to day, so I am lazing in bed with DH and pups plus the odd cat or two!! And will be watching the wedding at the leisurely time of 11 O'clock,although I shall watch some of the build up before.DH was in London the other day and said he had never seen it so busy!It's such a shame because we have had wonderful weather, wall to wall sunshine for at least 3 weeks and now it has just changed.Hope everyone is safe and out of the way of all those terrible tornados.

#19 ·
I did not get up early, I am such a busy day as all week had the weather problems. Neighbor taped it so maybe I'll watch some. It must be kinda exciting across the pond, something to take your mind off everyday.

Evelyn, I live in Eastern North Carolina.

#21 ·
Oh,I'm so proud today to be British!! I loved the royal wedding, it was spectacular,and Kate's dress was beautiful, the whole event was wonderful.Everyone in Britain has had a great day so many parties and happiness.Hope you will enjoy the ceremony and fun too.

#24 ·
I didn't watch the wedding, but caught bits of it while I was getting ready for work. Kate was a beautiful bride. I thought her gown was just right for the occasion. And her sister, Pippa, is stunning. William didn't look so bad either. I hope to catch more of it later tonight.

#25 ·
Didn't get up to watch the wedding, but have seen some photos. Kate looked beautiful - loved her dress, and Prince William very handsome. With all the unrest in the world and the horrible weather and earthquake news recently, it is wonderful to have some happy news to focus on for a bit. Hope they will be very happy!

#27 ·
I was up at 1am to watch it live...I'm crazy to have done that! I watched Charles and Diana in 1981 and now this wedding. The dress was a major improvement over Diana's...for me anyway. I just wish William would have worn what his brother wore (the blue instead of red) and I wish Kate would have had her hair done up in the back instead of down. Other than that...It was just perfect! Aren't I a fashion queen! Hahaha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.