Havanese Forum banner

Tillie ate SOAP!!?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  TilliesMom 
#1 ·
Help!!
Tillie just ate a peice of Ivory soap, about the size of a small rock, we couldn't get all of it away from her.... I had her eat a few peices of cheese and drink some water. She just keeps licking her lips.... I can't imagine she will ever eat soap again. blech... :puke:
Is there anything else I can do for her? Is it very serious?
Aparently she can now jump into the bathtub... learned that the hard way! :(

#2 ·
You can call the vet to check (you probably have by now!... WHY do they always do these things late at night!?!?!) but my guess is there isn't anything very harmful in ivory soap. She might have some poopy butt though, so be prepared!

#6 ·
Just so everyone knows, I raised 4 children that ate everything including soap and have helped with 12 grandchildren. I knew that soap wouldn't harm the dog; therefore I could joke about it. One of my grandchildren ate a fully engorged dog tick. I called poison control over that one and they practically laughed at me and no I wasn't the one watching the child it was the new mother of the crawling baby. At least I scared the mother by calling poison control, she wanted to know if her child was going to die. Knowing what I know now--she ran off with another man and left 4 little children--I should have told her yes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.