Havanese Forum banner

Guarding

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kathie 
#1 ·
Momo takes her job very seriously. :) She's guarding me while I'm in the bathroom. Sometimes, she sits inside the bathroom next to the door so she can look out into the bedroom and beyond. Sometimes, she sits at the bedroom door, looking out over the rest of the house.

Let's see your guarding photos!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rosie is a waiter. She waits for us at the bathroom door, and in the window to see her daddy come home. Sorta pitiful, she won't come to bed when he is traveling. She sits in the window until I go get her. I moved the furniture in the living room and she can no longer get in the window sill, so she started sitting on the table in our sitting area. After she knocked off some of the decorative items the second time, I put them up and made her a place.

#3 ·
My boys follow me everywhere! I wouldn't' think it is guarding, but they do not want you out of their sight. When my Dh is down the hall working, many times Dexter will lay where he can see both of us. This is my humble opinion for all it's worth :) The act is very endearing, often times I will call them into a room because I know they will attempt to scratch the door trying to get in anyway. :brick:

#4 ·
Linda Rosie did that too. I watch nighttime tv upstairs from my bed and Larry stays downstairs and watches the History channel. Rosie used to lay in the hallway where she could see us both. But the last few weeks, her Daddy is the one she loves now. I am just the provider, groomer, etc. She stays with him now. I fuss about it and call her names, but really I think its pretty cute. He has never taken to any dog we have had until Rosie came along.

#5 ·
Gotta say these little guys have a way to make even thte toughest guy melt. My father is a strictly "dogs belong outside " kind of guy. When we first got Vanilla he would always shoo her away whenever she came begging for attention. SHe persisted and has totally won him over. Last week he saw her playing outside with the kids and says "Don't you think its a little too cold for her out there Maybe you should put her sweater on"
It took me a minute to figure out he was talking about the dog not his grandkids :pound:

#7 ·
McGee has become quite the Daddy's boy lately which I like but still feel a little jealous once in a while! He stays upstairs with him during computer time. Neither he nor Abby wants to be shut out of a room. If I go back in the bedroom they won't necessarily follow me but if I shut the door, they just HAVE to get in!!! They are just afraid they will miss something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.