Havanese Forum banner

Happy Birthday Sergio

3K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  krandall 
#1 ·
Sergio is two-years-old today. His father is CH Salemi Charly and his mother is Bydand Sedoso Casting a Spell. I am only just now starting to research his sire/dad and see Sergio has many half brothers and sisters. Charly was a busy boy.

#10 · (Edited)
I don't know much about line breeding but it sorta surprised me when I saw Charly is Sergio's dad and his maternal great grandfather.

And just now researching Sergio's parents Charly and Bydand Sedoso Casting a Spell and their breeder Diane Klumb. I didn't know until I Googled this morning that Diane Klumb wrote a book on the Havanese. I'm not in any way bragging or taking credit for Sergio's intelligence. I suspected he was a smart dog. He's been training me!!

#22 ·
#21 · (Edited)
So, I'm very glad I found this online forum and commuity because I'm probably making my friends' and co-workers' eyes glaze over from stories about Sergio.

He's been through a lot of changes since I brought him home January 29. First, I gave him a new name, Sergio. It didn't take him long to figure out I was talking to him! Then, he went from having a doggy door and hard wood floors and tile in a single family house, to learning all about carpet in a 17-floor high rise apartment in a busy metro area. The definition of "outside" changed for him!! Elevators, hallways, lots of people, including those speaking foreign languages, dogs of all different breeds, and "outside" activity and noise, fire truck sirens, traffic lights, cars. Next, we did his neutering and he recovered from that.

I'm very proud of him. I think he's come through the last couple of months in his new home with me and has adjusted to his new schedule. Plus, I really was a novice pet parent. I was very awkward and had no idea how to put on a collar, a harness, a leash, no idea about his signals for "outside."

I've appreciated the support here.

He's so much fun!!

#26 ·
Thanks. Maccabee is her "birthday present." But, I never would have brought a puppy into our home if I didn't really want one. We've wanted a dog for a while, but couldn't get one because we had an elderly cat (21 years old) in the house. Cleo died in June and after a few months without a pet, we decided it was time to start thinking about that dog we both wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.