Breeders in Michigan - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Ask A Breeder Have questions about a breeder or what a breeder should do? Questions about what to look for in a breeder? This is a great area to ask.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Breeders in Michigan

Hi. I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping there are breeders on here from Michigan or someone knows of good breeders that they can refer me to. I am willing to drive to Ohio or Canada if need be. I live about 1 hour outside of Detroit (an hour north of Toledo and an hour south from the U.S./Canadian border). I would really appreciate any references to help point me in the right direction. Thanks!
suzyQ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Katie
 
MopTop Havanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 2,217
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 18 Times in 14 Posts
Kathy Ambler (Amblers Havanese) lives in Minden City, Michigan~ I am not sure how close/far that is from you!
Her website is:
http://www.amblerhavanese.com
And I know she has puppies!


Katie

www.MopTopHavanese.com
Paws.....and reflect on what life has given you~
MopTop Havanese is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Suzy and Cazzie
 
suzyfrtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Up North & Down South
Posts: 796
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
There is a breeder in Armada, Michigan. You should be able to find the site through google. I understand it is a very high-standarded place.

Sweet Chelsie Coton
suzyfrtz is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Junior Member
 
1stclassnana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 20
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Suzi,

I just bought my little boy Hav, Casey, from Kathy Ambler two days ago. She has his brother still available. She came highly recommended from numerous people on the forum from all over the country. I found her to be super nice, extremely knowledgable and definitely devoted to improving the breed through careful and conscientious breeding. Casey is simply adorable and extremely friendly...his brother was the same. It was hard choosing between the two.

Let me know if you would like further info.
Laura
1stclassnana is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 162
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchase my puppy Augie from a breeder in Lansing Havanese House and he is the most wonderful puppy I have. He has a personality that is so sweet and the breeder was extremly helpful and honest in every way. I offered his name and number to Laura. What ever negative feedback anyone has put out here about them I don't agree with. I have to say I am extremly happy and would recommend him to anyone wanting a Havanese. He was checked out by my vet and Pats vet and he has no problems. I have papers showing the parents were health tested as well. Good luck on your puppy, but at least give Havanese House a chance. Gucci and Augie are kin to each other and I know Kara is satisfied with her baby Gucci. Are there any guarantees that any puppy from any breeder might not fit in every home? Are there any guarantees that any puppy will not get sick or have some health problems?

Robin
RCKNROB is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Suzy and Cazzie
 
suzyfrtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Up North & Down South
Posts: 796
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
Hi. I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping there are breeders on here from Michigan or someone knows of good breeders that they can refer me to. I am willing to drive to Ohio or Canada if need be. I live about 1 hour outside of Detroit (an hour north of Toledo and an hour south from the U.S./Canadian border). I would really appreciate any references to help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Suzi - Did you get my pm? Also - I'm in Florida for the winter but when I get back in late April, let's get together for a play date!
Suzy

Sweet Chelsie Coton
suzyfrtz is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Gucci's mom
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 9,378
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKNROB View Post
I purchase my puppy Augie from a breeder in Lansing Havanese House and he is the most wonderful puppy I have. He has a personality that is so sweet and the breeder was extremly helpful and honest in every way. I offered his name and number to Laura. What ever negative feedback anyone has put out here about them I don't agree with. I have to say I am extremly happy and would recommend him to anyone wanting a Havanese. He was checked out by my vet and Pats vet and he has no problems. I have papers showing the parents were health tested as well. Good luck on your puppy, but at least give Havanese House a chance. Gucci and Augie are kin to each other and I know Kara is satisfied with her baby Gucci. Are there any guarantees that any puppy from any breeder might not fit in every home? Are there any guarantees that any puppy will not get sick or have some health problems?

Robin
I'm SO happy to hear that Augie is a sweetie pie and you are enjoying him so much. I can't wait to meet him! I wonder if Gucci and Auggie will recognize each other's scent as being familiar/relative? That would be pretty cool!

I will try to plan something (playdate) as soon as the weather is a bit more predictable at my house. My husband is a extraordinary *grill* expert! lol, and we have the pool for anyone interested (furbabies included!) They are always alot of fun, and Robin..you'll love the Hav people around here, they are all so wonderful!

Kara
Thumper is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Suzy and Cazzie
 
suzyfrtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Up North & Down South
Posts: 796
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKNROB View Post
I purchase my puppy Augie from a breeder in Lansing Havanese House ?

Robin

Does Havanese House have a website? I tried a google search and couldn't come up with one.

Sweet Chelsie Coton
suzyfrtz is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 162
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperlove View Post
I'm SO happy to hear that Augie is a sweetie pie and you are enjoying him so much. I can't wait to meet him! I wonder if Gucci and Auggie will recognize each other's scent as being familiar/relative? That would be pretty cool!

I will try to plan something (playdate) as soon as the weather is a bit more predictable at my house. My husband is a extraordinary *grill* expert! lol, and we have the pool for anyone interested (furbabies included!) They are always alot of fun, and Robin..you'll love the Hav people around here, they are all so wonderful!

Kara
Thanks Kara,

I am looking forward to it. I think all the Havanese people would have to be lovable. I bet they will love each other and I love to grill out and watch the Havs swim.

Robin
RCKNROB is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Suzy and Cazzie
 
suzyfrtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Up North & Down South
Posts: 796
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Suzy Q, I am having trouble with the private messages. I replied again - let me know if you get it. iIf not, please send me your e-mail address by pm and I will reply that way. Suzyfrtz

Sweet Chelsie Coton
suzyfrtz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome