Havanese Forum banner

I.am.AWESOME. :D

5K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Suzi 
#1 ·
LOL, ya, well I could have titled this 'brag' or any number of things, but seriously. I rock. :)

I have been homecooking for Tillie since June of last year. Usually I make her veggies in a big batch, chopping, steaming, measuring, pureeing and I make enough to last about 6 weeks. When I started doing this it took me 3 hrs.

This afternoon I did the 'dreaded deed' and my time was ... drum roll please ...... 57 minutes!!!! wahooooooo!!! so, ya, like the title of my thread says. I.Am.AWESOME. :peace:

just had to share, cause seriously, you other Sabine -homecookers are the ONLY ones that truly know how monumental that time is! :) I guess it goes to show me what I can get done when I am NOT multi-tasking! LOL :peace: :D

#2 ·
yes Tammy your.awesome. And you love making me feel guilty. :biggrin1:

#4 ·
LOL, ya, well I could have titled this 'brag' or any number of things, but seriously. I rock. :)

I have been homecooking for Tillie since June of last year. Usually I make her veggies in a big batch, chopping, steaming, measuring, pureeing and I make enough to last about 6 weeks. When I started doing this it took me 3 hrs.

This afternoon I did the 'dreaded deed' and my time was ... drum roll please ...... 57 minutes!!!! wahooooooo!!! so, ya, like the title of my thread says. I.Am.AWESOME. :peace:

just had to share, cause seriously, you other Sabine -homecookers are the ONLY ones that truly know how monumental that time is! :) I guess it goes to show me what I can get done when I am NOT multi-tasking! LOL :peace: :D
Tammy, I don't think you are going to get any argument from any of us on that! :thumb: Good going!

#6 ·
So please share.....what are you doing that you are shaving almost 2 hours off of your time???? Is it just practice or do you have a special system down?

I am curious as I am trying to get my SIL to homecook for her poor dog who is plagued by allergies and she is balking at doing it because of the time involved to do it. I know she is very busy so if you have some shortcuts I'd love to be able to pass them on to her.

#12 ·
thanks Karen, i need all the encouragement I can get today. At work I was opened a little girls carrots with my trusty kid scissors that I use to open everything and somehow her finger was in the way and I snipped her finger!!! I feel horrible. She cried and cried and it was bleeding. I band aided her and got her some ice, filled out an accident report and told my boss, about an hour after it happened, I went to check on her and changed the band aid, it seemed to look okay, almost like a really bad paper cut. The school nurse took a look at it too and said it will be fine. But I just feel HORRIBLE and cried 1/2 the day. :( feel like they should fire me. or at least never let me work in the cafe again. and take my scissors away.
I know, tmi and totally not hav related, but it's been a hard day. THAT is one of the reasons I was SO focused on the veggies! LOL

#11 ·
LOL, thanks! :)

ya, practice helps, so does having 2 steaming baskets so I can have them both going at the same time. and I microwave the cauliflower. I am not really sure WHY it went so fast today, probably because I have a HUGE desicion to make and just needed some 'busy work' to do with my hands. I was totally absorbed in the process and turned off my brain. LOL Typically it has been taking me about an hour and 45 minutes.
I do still need to make her actual 'food' where I will mix 1 container of these veggies with browned hamburger and then I scoop it into silicone ice cubes trays and freeze it. Then I pop them out and she gets 2 cubes per meal, plus the sweet potatoe scoop. Which I need to make those tomorrow.
Homecooking is a lot like grooming yourself, you have a 'laundry list' of things that need to be done constantly in your head. :)

#13 ·
Congrats! I admire homecookers :) It sounds like a lot of work. I have a hard time cooking for myself as it is. I do plan on making my own baby food if I ever have a baby (human) - so maybe you can give me some tips LOL

(yes, I really had to specify HUMAN baby, cause ya know our Havs are our babies!!)

#14 ·
Tammy you are awesome!! lol That is quick! I have gotten much quicker as the years go by, I have everything timed to a finish at the same time, I just instinctively put the rice on at enough time to be done with the chicken/beef/ deer, whatever the meat.

I should try some cauliflower, I haven't done that in a long time.

My daughter did something neat the other day, she made a soup and used cupcake pan to freeze it, a tip she found on Pinterest..and I think that might work better for dog size portions, seemed to work really well!

Kara

#15 ·
I envy you Tammy! Roki won't eat anything from freezer:frusty:. I cannot cook and freeze cooked food. I have to cook erery day. So I kindly ask Tillie to send a message to Roki that there is nothing wrong with contents of dog bowl that was frozen for some time.

Hi, hi!

Marina

#17 ·
I envy you Tammy! Roki won't eat anything from freezer:frusty:. I cannot cook and freeze cooked food. I have to cook erery day. So I kindly ask Tillie to send a message to Roki that there is nothing wrong with contents of dog bowl that was frozen for some time.

Hi, hi!

Marina
ha ha ha, Oh Roki... you can DO it... my mama 'tricks' me and pops everything from the freezer to the microwave to defrost it before I eat.
ALTHOUGH I have stolen a drop square of food before and ate it all gone, just took longer to eat. :) I may be petite, but I LOVE my FOOD. :)

#23 ·
Glad you said that because if you get any faster, you are going to have orders coming in...first will be from me!!! Of course you will then be working in a doggie cafeteria...not a bad idea now that I think of it!!!:)

#24 ·
LOL, FLynn, honestly I WOULD take orders, it really could be a great business, IF I had a bigger kitchen and a business 'mind' ... LOL I should team up with Sabine! :D

My daughter was "helping" me but it was still about an hour and 10 minutes, start to finish, including clean up ... not too shabby for 6 weeks worth of veggies! :)

#27 ·
Oh Tammy, just offer to make more, enough for him too, but that is all he gets, except for the treats Tillie gets..will you have to walk him too? :)nono::nono::nono Don't do that, now you see why I am divorced...:pound:)

#29 ·
I don't know how I missed this whole thread, but you are awesome, little girl's finger notwithstanding. :)

#30 ·
yeah Tammy and a few others that home cook for their dogs, love to make us feel guilty. :pound:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.